1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

This is why I rarely buy from their website because they got some nice stuff. It just has 0 consistency.

2. non boring

non boring Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Roper Denim Jacket? I have the Roper from about 2-3 seasons ago, except mine had a 'dirtier' wash than the current. I can prob take measurements and post them later, I have a size small, fits pretty snug. If you can find the jacket on the co.jp RL site, they post measurements there for certain items.

Picked up the Low Straight Sacramento wash. Really debated on the Ranch Jean and Deep Indigo, anyone own these? Probably will end up getting them later.

(not to make this into an SD forum, but discover has 5% CB for RL)

3. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

I went previously to pick up the Ranch jean and as usual the sizing was way off, decided the denim wasn't heavy enough for my liking (usually prefer 16 oz and up) but with the sale going on I might try to stop by to pick up this weekend.

4. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Agree on all fronts re: sizing inconsistencies. I purchase and return so much from ordering RRL online.
    The current sale blows! Hit up W Broadway last weekend and purchased Burgundy Slim Fit Cord pants (not online).

5. non boring

non boring Well-Known Member

I used the measurements on the JP RL site and it said a size 30" was roughly 32" waist. Is that how bad the sizing is on the ranch jean?

6. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Yeah I'm about 33-34 waist and I tried a 32 on in store and still probably had an inch to spare

7. rlchriss

rlchriss New Member

Yes. The Roper Denim Jacket. I called the RRL store in NYC and they measured the pit-to-pit on a medium for me. Sounds about right. Thanks for the response.

8. spork141

spork141 Active Member

Guys. Its called vanity sizing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_sizing

They use lower sizing to make you feel thinner. It's pretty normal. Rule of thumb. Size down for RRL. Its been my experience across the board.

1 person likes this.
  9. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

++1 same experience here

Re the sale - I was at W Broadway on Sunday and had them put aside one item. The current sale is limited - and not impressive.
    Why are there no sale items online?

Someone mentioned that RRL was going to stop clearing out via the Polo outlet stores, TJMax etc. That they would rather eat the leftovers than sell them at a fraction on the dollar.

Most people only buy RRL when on sale - the quality is not worth the price when at full retail, and barely is even worth it when on sale. I wonder what will happen to their business considering they are taking a stronger line and only selling at full price markup. Wonder how many people will simply stop looking at the line if they know that there will no longer be promotional sales

10. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

There are plenty of RRL items on sale online. Over 100 to be exact

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I noticed that in firefox at least, if you have adblock enabled not everything that's on sale shows up as being on sale.

12. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

I just type in www.ralplauren.com/presale & then search rrl new. From there I get to see everything from brand new items to all the sale items. Iv noticed that when I do that I see a few sale items that never pop up like the espadrilles & a hand full of other items. Not sure why that works but it does

Oh and click the total amount of items available for men & that will open all of it up

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

When I had adblock enabled for ralphlauren.com I'd go to the presale url and half the stuff would have the "PRE-SALE" graphic but no red sale price.
    Add one of those items to your cart and it would be the regular price.
    Disabled adblock for ralphlauren.com, refreshed and poof, everything shows a sale price in red.

Just something I noticed while messing around.

14. carloso

carloso Senior member

I'm assuming the general consensus is to size down 2?

If I'm a 31-32, should I probably get a 29?

I have a pair of midland low straights in a 31x32 that fit alittle big.

15. ndak

ndak Member

[ATTACHMENT=10002]s7-1134521_lifestyle.jpg (453k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

What color pants would you wear with this RRL shirt?

Thanks,

Vince

16. concealed

concealed Senior member

lucky enough to score a pair of chinos for $40 at the tj maxx in beverly hills, pretty pleased

17. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

The conservative in me would pair it with something khaki....If I was feeling adventurous perhaps something in garnet-esque.

18. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

Sweet, haven't seen any RRL at the marshalls/TJ Maxx in quite some time....not since years ago when occasionally I'd see the random pair of denim for ~$50. I did score a pretty sweet blue label faded pinstripe workshirt there the other day though. It's those once in while finds that keep me going back there, bastards.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  19. barivox

barivox New Member

Picked up the 14.5oz rigid black denim and Seattle workshirt from the presale. Thanks to whoever suggested the Japanese RL site for measurements. Totally helpful.

20. subdivide

subdivide Senior member

Ralph / Rowlf

"When you've been tickling the ivories as long as I have, you've seen a broken heart for every drop of rain, a shattered dream for every falling star."

...or you may have seen a jacket so butt ugly it'd make a piano-playing muppet cry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.