• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mentioned in my post "no washes" but yes, should clarify these are the 'once-washed' model (slim fit - 29x32). Also I have not worn these daily, more about 2-3 times a week. In PM someone had commented that they really haven't faded very much over the course of 1.5 years, and I'd agree - they're still pretty saturated in Indigo. I'm not really sure what my plan is for them in terms of when to wash, no immediate plans to do so, though.

Lord Nick

Reaction score

From this weekend: miller buckle back trousers, Hamilton vest, vintage merit shirt, yellow foulard tie, newsboy cap

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
Looking sharp, Lord Nick.

Jeans are looking good, Slack. Would love to see how they turn out after you wash/soak them.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my first pair of rigid officer chinos and I'm debating whether or not I want to keep them. I can tell they're very well made but I'm a little disappointed the rise is the same as the J Crew 484 fit chinos I have from J Crew. It's hard for most of my shirts to stay tucked in.

(28 waist, 9" front rise)

Last edited:

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone have low straight Midland 2 jeans? Just wondering if you went with your usual low straight size or had to size down on them. Or better yet if you have the Spring Creek 2 wash, do they fit the same? Thanks!

subdivide

Reaction score
Got a chance to check out in store what's coming in for Fall... some real nice basics, many of which I recognize from a few years back. My personal tastes run towards undistressed, un-fucked up, unlabeled RRL. Apart from a few applied patches, this season's themed collections all go easy on the "aging" and "customization"

Was most interested in this gray henley, which turns out to be cut very large (most definitely size down one or even two sizes - I'm a large in the standard RRL long sleeve waffle henley and for this one, the small fit me right). It's a nice heavy piece but the serge stitching around the collar and placket looks kinda sloppy.

This wool blend is super soft, almost feeling like angora. It's weird and a little too comfers-cozers sweater for me. Your girl might like it though.

Fall 2013's peacoat is a WWI type model with the four pockets, uppers for hand warming and lowers with flaps. The buttons don't have stars and are made of plastic. I guess genuine horn 13 star buttons aren't coming back again. Really nice melton wool, maybe not at the Buzz Rickson or McCoys level. At $690.... nah thanks.

The neckties are mad boring club patterns that do nothing for me. I'll take a pass on the doodoo brown bandanna too, thanks. Speaking of bandanas, can we get some selvedge and indigo discharge guys popping?

Selvedge is hardly seen anywhere but in the denim jeans and heavy officer pants, which still have too high a rise I'd say. None of the two dozen shirts I saw had selvedge on the placket or gussets.

This sweater is a perfect neutral color and simply classic. It's heavy wool that will shed water and won't stretch out. Best piece of the season.

Last edited:

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, got the rrl officer chino in rigid and they weren't joking with the 'rigid' description. might need to drop these guys in a cold wash to loosen up a bit (if I end up keeping).

also, didn't realize the fit was so fitted--waist fits fine, but very fitted throughout. not quite raw denim fitted, but def not the relaxed chino cut I was expecting. is this consistent with most here?

hidden RRL label inside the right back pocket is pretty cool though

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads