• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new Burgundy Slim Fit cords are awesome. Just picked mine up from the tailor the other day.

rrlgambler

Reaction score
I like this shirt's herringbone pattern but am not sure how one should wear it. Is this shirt supposed to be worn un-tucked? I say that because I don't think it would look good tucked. I envision it would look too billowy with the quilting in my opinion.

s7-1049593_lifestyle

Does anyone own a shirt similar to this and if so how do you wear yours.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Like a jacket. Untucked.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like this shirt's herringbone pattern but am not sure how one should wear it.  Is this shirt supposed to be worn un-tucked?  I say that because I don't think it would look good tucked.  I envision it would look too billowy with the quilting in my opinion.

Does anyone own a shirt similar to this and if so how do you wear yours.

Looks like a shacket to me. You would wear as outerwear.

Nopike343

Reaction score
That appears to be more of a shirt jacket. Most definitely untucked.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of RRL cords - a slim fit and officers cut. Both are light in color (grey and "seafoam"). I wear the seafoam less but the grey have definitely faded in the sun.

Was at Woodbury today. Never seen so many pairs of rinse slim bootcut jeans. They must have had 100 pairs - pretty much all 34x34. Also had about 100 pairs of a heavily washed slim bootcuts in various sizes. My wife bought a $390 pair of skinny's for $50 so she was happy. I didn't bother buying any jeans myself - did pick up a core blue oxford. They had some really nice made in Italy polo sports jackets.

Annoyingly all women's is 75% off while the men have to settle for 50.

koidragon

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Brunnel Boots fit small , true to size , or large? Thanks in advance.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have 2 pairs of RRL cords - a slim fit and officers cut. Both are light in color (grey and "seafoam"). I wear the seafoam less but the grey have definitely faded in the sun.

Was at Woodbury today. Never seen so many pairs of rinse slim bootcut jeans. They must have had 100 pairs - pretty much all 34x34. Also had about 100 pairs of a heavily washed slim bootcuts in various sizes. My wife bought a $390 pair of skinny's for $50 so she was happy. I didn't bother buying any jeans myself - did pick up a core blue oxford. They had some really nice made in Italy polo sports jackets.

Annoyingly all women's is 75% off while the men have to settle for 50.

I must have just missed you. I was there at noon

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's my best bet for finding a brown engraved/etched brown belt besides ebay??

something like this (though not really feeling this particular item):

better still, are there other brands/vendors that do this sort of thing? rrl is the only one I've seen anything like this from

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking again at the officer chino...the tagged waist is a more or less ACTUAL waist measurement (ie, 34 works for someone with an acutal 34" waist)?

I wear tagged size 33/34 (w a 36" waist) in most things...given the above, any reason to deviate from my expected size 36 if I'm looking for a more traditional relaxed chino fit?

Last edited:

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what's my best bet for finding a brown engraved/etched brown belt besides ebay??

better still, are there other brands/vendors that do this sort of thing? rrl is the only one I've seen anything like this from

Yeah, RRL is tooled leather belt heaven.

Don't know why rl_store is selling that belt without mentioning that it has "union of craft" tooled across the back, big and bold. Seems like a potential return just waiting to happen.

You can get some tooled leather belts off etsy for sure.

ACE leather belts can be had from the new affiliate Thurston brothers. I think they are pretty pricey though.

LVC makes them, so too does Lee and Wrangler blue bell once in a while.

Terry Dear does tooling, but not sure if he does floral tooling in addition to Celtic tooling. LGC likewise does tooling, but not sure if they do anything other than basic basketweave pattern.

RRL is very fond of tooling some leather belts with an aztec/southwestern pattern (geometrical). They're very nice. But for a much cheaper alternative that look just as nice just look up aztec tooled leather belts on ebay and you'll find some great vintage ones made by Chambers.

But, yeah, if it's only floral tooled you're looking for, etsy has a ton of custom options, and you can keep your eye out for the occasional LVC.

Last edited:

srgprod

Reaction score

If you want the real thing, contact Alfonso's Gun Leather in North Hollywood CA
http://www.alfonsosgunleather.com/Pages/western.htm

Alfonso Pineda created the Paladin rig, Clint Eastwood's Hang Em High rig as well as those for Clayton Moore, Roy Rogers, John Wayne and countless others. He's no longer with us but his son carries on the tradition. Their hand carved belts are second to none. All custom and all fantastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads