Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. mystillwater

mystillwater Senior member

Gonna be in Philly for the weekend. Are either of the RL stores there (factory store at Franklin Mills, RL store at Bellevue) good for RRL (or RLBL) stuff? Or should I just not waste my time at either?

Franklin Mills is an outlet. Not likely to have anything you'd be interested in. I think you might be better off going to King of Prussia... the RL store there will have plenty of RLBL. they've also go a Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, ect.

2. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

My sales rep just sent me pics of the new Charleston line that dropped this week.
    Has anybody checked it our in person yet?

3. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

What are the major differences between the Straight & Low Straight?
    Is it just the rise or is the leg slimmer as well?

4. theom-

theom- Senior member

5. BlueEggs

BlueEggs Well-Known Member

FYI. The Polo Factory Stores no longer carry the leftover RRL clothing not sold in the RRL stores or the Ralph Lauren stores that carry RRL.

6. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

FYI. The Polo Factory Stores no longer carry the leftover RRL clothing not sold in the RRL stores or the Ralph Lauren stores that carry RRL.

Ah, good to know - although my factory stores never had any RRL, anyway. So where does the overstock RRL go to, then? Where do the ebay sellers find it?

7. sexlexcia

sexlexcia Well-Known Member

so where does it go? I've seen RRL at my nearby Barney's outlet though recently.

8. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

where to kop slim fits for <$100?

Or are there better options out there?

9. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Interesting. As of when? Last time I was at the one nearest me was this past holiday season and they had just gotten a pretty big shipment. Curious how long there will be any still on shelves, or if they actually pulled all the stock from existing outlet locations.

10. Danda74

Danda74 Senior member

no rrl at polo store outlet in wrentham, ma

11. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Franklin Mills is an outlet. Not likely to have anything you'd be interested in. I think you might be better off going to King of Prussia... the RL store there will have plenty of RLBL. they've also go a Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, ect.

Thanks. I didn't go to any of the RL stores while I was there. I did end up at King of Prussia, actually, but didn't have time. C'est la vie.

12. BlueEggs

BlueEggs Well-Known Member

Ah, good to know - although my factory stores never had any RRL, anyway. So where does the overstock RRL go to, then? Where do the ebay sellers find it?

I went last month to the Polo Factory Store in South Florida that usually has RRL and didn't find any. I asked a salesperson and she said the Polo Factory stores will no longer carry RRL or Rugby. You can sometimes find RRL at TJ Maxx or Marshalls, so that is where some people can buy it cheaply.

13. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Am I the only one who finds it odd that RRL won't be in RL outlets, but it will be in various TJ Maxx and Marshalls? Seems strange for such a controlled, premium band to get offloaded to clearance centers like that in favor of the branded environment of the outlets.

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Am I the only one who finds it odd that RRL won't be in RL outlets, but it will be in various TJ Maxx and Marshalls? Seems strange for such a controlled, premium band to get offloaded to clearance centers like that in favor of the branded environment of the outlets.

Yes, exactly. Very strange.

15. BKBroiler

BKBroiler Member

no rrl at polo store outlet in wrentham, ma

I was just there two weeks ago and they had at least five pairs of green corduroys, three pairs of jeans, five pairs of khaki colored shorts, and a few t-shirts.