1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Or they will get a tip to when a sale starts and buy everything within the first hour. This already happens when sales hit anyway.

2. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

this is the kind of vintage coat I wish RRL would do more of (in muted earth colors like this one). A vest in the same pattern would be great as well.

recent versions of Indian print coats are in very gaudy, flashy colors which aren't wearable in normal life, unlike this one

I would buy one of these all day if they offered it again (this is Blue Label RL but RRL details would make it even better, with a slimmer profile)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  3. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

You could try calling a store when theyre on sale?

4. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

have u guys seen the new USPS package designs?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Wow, looking good USPS.

6. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Anyone ever try the slim fit leather pants? Hows the fit

7. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Source?

8. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

I haven't tried this season's but do have a pair from a season or two ago. I found the fit very similar to the denim slim-fit.

9. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Just called the store and they confirmed online items and no outlets

10. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

is that the guy who puts on the size smalls and stretches out the neck holes?

11. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Stores don't send their left overs directly to outlets. Full retail stores and factory outlet divisions are completely different division.

Anyway, unless it's from someone executive level, I don't buy it.

12. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

as a PSA, there are a couple of these blue label RL corduroy vests on ebay at the moment in a very nice color of brown

given the sale price, it's a good 'project' vest to tinker with if you like improving on things

I got one in my size and I intend to take the back off and replace it with a darker brown linen with black thread in the weave, to make it more of a fall/winter toned vest

a seamstress can do this for not much money and it will look a lot nicer imho

13. FlaSurfer

FlaSurfer Well-Known Member

Interesting.... I had a pair of shorts in my cart last week - with the qty in my size showing 9+... I logged back-in a couple hours later and my size was sold-out; seemed weird to me unless some A-hole bought all 9 of them....

14. captainshields

From what I read these were mock ups from the firm that USPS was working with. These didn't make it. I hope I'm wrong, but I read that a couple months back from a pretty reputable source.

15. captainshields

That's what will happen a lot more if there truly isn't any RRL going to outlets anymore.
    Every time I've gone to the outlets on a good sale early in the morning, there's a bunch of guys who barge in and buy pretty much everything they can grab. That's what will happen once the online sales hit now.
    Oh well.

16. captainshields

Does "Lauren Ralph Lauren" make men's clothing? (the Green label). There's a belt one ebay I like that is listed under men's accessories. Just curious.

[​IMG]

17. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I am pretty sure it's women's line only.

18. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Isn't Lauren Ralph Lauren the nasty men's tailored line they sell at outlets and places like Macy's and STP?

1 person likes this.
  19. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

The inside seams in an RRL shirt are triple chain stitched, where/how to shorten the sleeves for an RRL work shirt to preserve the stitching?

20. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

Yes they do. But its only a department store level brand, mainly shirting and ties in the EU.