1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Sorry I'm not giving the names out. Most of them are private profiles

2. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

Associate Designer, RRL

Company: Polo Ralph Lauren
    Date Posted: April, 29 2014
    Source: Job.com
    Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 44 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. Purpose/Scope: Assisting the Knits Design Director during all stages of the design and development process Responsibilities: * Prep Design boards for internal design meetings with SVP of RRL Design as well as presentations to the merchandising/buying teams. * Create Illustrator Sketches * Assist with Wash Development, Label and Photograph wash standards * Size and Send Artwork and Graphics * Create Seasonal Artwork Chart * [COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA]Organize and maintain fabric library[/COLOR][/COLOR] * [COLOR=FF00AA]Organize and maintain vintage design library * Vintage research of new design ideas to support seasonal concepts [/COLOR]* Daily correspondence with HK factories * Color Matching and maintaining color swatches * Partner with Art Department to maintain and update Stats. * Create seasonal stat binders Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Design3 years of professional work experience in the fashion industry Knits experience preferredPassion for and understanding of vintage clothingStrong communication skills, professional and organizedProficient in Web PDM, Excel, Outlook, Word, Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  3. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

here's RRL_Clothing's dream job.....

ASSOCIATE BUYER, RRL, RALPH LAUREN STORES - 15907 New York, NY

Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 44 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.

Purpose and Scope: Bottom-line financial accountability for product area. Accountable for product selection and product performance. Coach and develop team.

Responsibilities:
    Partner with the Buyer to formulate and profitably execute the development, selection, procurement and promotion of merchandise
    Develop and implement product strategies that tie to financial plans (partner with Planner)
    Identify and execute key item and mailer item strategies
    Review product assortments with Buyer to insure the integration of brands and balance of price points
    Partner with planning to continually manage the business through in-season analysis and tactical adjustments Review changes to strategy and the on order with Buyer
    Regularly communicate with visual presentation regarding inventory levels and assortment changes based on business trends
    Participate in fiscal planning by recommending areas of strategic focus for the product area: identify growth, maintain and downtrending businesses and brand
    Conduct Quarterly Strategy Meeting and gain buy-in from storeline, marketing and visual presentation
    Negotiate with vendors on all costing, discounts, and delivery
    Manage daily priorities, performance and work product of direct reports
    Facilitate ongoing communication with planning and distribution teams
    Visit and sell-in stores monthly: shop the competition regularly for trends and product opportunities
    Required Skills/Qualities:

· Customer, marketplace and product expert
    · Expertise in retail math
    · Strong analytical skills
    · Decision making capability clearly driven by conceptualizing future opportunities and developing strategic product and business initiatives
    · Strong leadership and team building skills, including the ability to motivate, negotiate and influence effectively across departments and divisions
    · Proven negotiation skills
    · Creative, assertive and solution-oriented when faced with difficult business performance and/or challenging directives from the Buyer and Planner
    · Presentation and communication skills, both spoken and written
    · Prioritize and direct multiple activities
    · Highly organized and detail-oriented
    Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  4. sexlexcia

sexlexcia Well-Known Member

Would love to do that

5. alex99

alex99 Senior member

So I just received the Officer's Field Chino in New Military Khaki that I ordered from the site, and whoever packed the pants rolled the legs all the way up into the crotch of the pants, like a ball. I had to unroll each leg and the pants are super wrinkled as a result.

WTF? Has anyone else received their pants like this? I don't mind a few wrinkles and I would normally just wash them but I wanted to wear them for a while so they stretch a half size. Maybe they are trying to impose the care free wrinkled chino ethos on me. Or maybe the guy who packed the pants is just a dick.

6. cchen

cchen Senior member

This is a standard way for packing denim/washed pants.... it's to make sure that the pants don't look too flat when it hits the store shelves, as the manufacturers sometimes may accidentally iron the pants or fold them too flat.

I would have expected RL to repack it to ship to consumers though

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  7. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

8. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

If you wear them for a day or 2 I'm sure the wrinkles will come out...
    Or just wet them a little bit while you're wearing them if it really bugs you.

I honestly can't think of any way a pair of pants can be shipped without wrinkling them.

9. captainshields

Where does it say they are closing up shop?

10. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

it's been on their Instagram and confirmed by insiders who work with the company

11. captainshields

Oh, I see. Thought that link you posted was supposed to be about them closing down.
    Never been a fan of them honestly.

12. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Yep, I've received RRL and even Polo pants like that.
    One pair of RRL chinos had stips of fabric tied through the legs to get them extra crumpled.

13. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

14. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

haha they prob had to pack just one more in the tiny shipping box from the factory.

15. papillo

papillo Well-Known Member

Hmm ive never received pants that way. However, cant you just iron it before you wear?

16. alex99

alex99 Senior member

Yeah, I can iron them. It's just strange they would send them like this. I've ordered jeans from RRL and they arrived folded in a normal fashion. If you go to a RL store they store the jeans and khakis flat as well, so i thought someone in shipping was just being a jerk.

17. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

^ I've received pants and shorts this way from RL. Doesn't bother me too much as I like to wash things before I wear them.

18. subdivide

subdivide Senior member

19. captainshields

20. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Finally got a chance to try on the Slim fit Uticas and I have to say...I am very disappointed with the quality of RRL...feels and fits like a pair of gaps I use to own...just terrible...

If anybody is interested in a size 32x34...Pm me...thanks!