The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Gilt. some ok stuff.

The jackets, jeans, and shirts are all on ebay right now in lower prices, even though they are still not worth buying.

One of the bags is nicely priced.

A couple of belts are ok.

2. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

nvm

3. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

Still trying to find some pics or info on the gray slim boots if anyone can help me out.

4. ss10guy3

ss10guy3 Senior member

If anyone snagged one of the bags and doesn't want it PM me. I forgot the sale was today. [​IMG]

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

shit. I'm half thinking of picking up the straight leg natural jeans one size down from the pair I am wearing right now. They would fit so much better. The other option was to have the pair I own altered, but with all the chainstitching, it could be a nightmare.

Edit: Done. Kind of a no brainer, even though GILT prices are almost twice the Ebay prices. Ebay + alterations would easily be as much, though. The natural selvage denim is wonderful on these...

6. Exalt

Exalt Senior member

A green chambray has been mentioned a few times here recently (and yes I know that it has been referred to as "hideous"). Would any of you SF'ers with first hand knowledge be able to provide a picture of it for me?

I didn't see a green chambray, but a blue one that wasn't bad.

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

shit. I'm half thinking of picking up the straight leg natural jeans one size down from the pair I am wearing right now. They would fit so much better. The other option was to have the pair I own altered, but with all the chainstitching, it could be a nightmare.

Edit: Done. Kind of a no brainer, even though GILT prices are almost twice the Ebay prices. Ebay + alterations would easily be as much, though. The natural selvage denim is wonderful on these...

Lucky you. The size choices were terrible; but if you were one of the lucky ones, then great.

The prices were higher than typical ebay prices, but I also noticed that a lot of the jeans were tagged at $415. I don't know if the price increase relate to changes in the jeans, but most of the retail prices on ebay are still in the $225 range. So you probably got a great deal for new-stock jeans.

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

I was amazed that they had 32x34 (my usual size). I had tried on the slim bootcuts in 32x34 and they were waaay too tight. So, I thought the 33x34 in straight legs would fit, but they are a little too big in the waist, way too big in the ass, and the crotch is super low (meaning high rise and big waist). I'm looking forward to the 32x34 straight legs. Did I mention how nice the denim is?? [​IMG] It's a nice alternative to indigo... As far as I know, actual retail was just shy of $400 on them.

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I was amazed that they had 32x34 (my usual size). I had tried on the slim bootcuts in 32x34 and they were waaay too tight. So, I thought the 33x34 in straight legs would fit, but they are a little too big in the waist, way too big in the ass, and the crotch is super low (meaning high rise and big waist). I'm looking forward to the 32x34 straight legs. Did I mention how nice the denim is?? [​IMG] It's a nice alternative to indigo...

As far as I know, actual retail was just shy of $400 on them.

32x34? That's my size! I must have missed them. Great purchase, though. RRL has become may favorite jeans brand by far.

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

There's still a pair on there in 32x34...

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

There's still a pair on there in 32x34...

Yeah, been debating it. But these are the funky ones with different pockets and buckle back. Are those the ones you mean? What do you think of them?

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

the cotton MA-1 on Gilt today was pretty sweet.

I thought about that one, too.. just decided I have something similar already.

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah, been debating it. But these are the funky ones with different pockets and buckle back. Are those the ones you mean? What do you think of them?
    These are the ones I bought- much tamer.

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

These are the ones I bought- much tamer.

Oh, of course.. same as in your earlier picture.

I have a pair of these in slim boot cut, but they are feeling too tight. Luckily, I got them for only $60 on ebay. But the guy had a size larger, and I should have gotten that one in retrospect.

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

What size are your slim boots? 32W?