1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Looks like Spring Creek or Canyon Creek.

2. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Stopped by Melrose today... They still had ass tons of items that are on sale.

3. cabbie

cabbie New Member

Anyone know where I can buy Rrl brunel boot size us9 uk 8 thanks

4. non boring

non boring Well-Known Member

any chance that prices were the same in store as they are online or were they slightly cheaper?

5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Rather than asking a forum of strangers and perhaps never getting a response, you could actually phone a store and find out. You could then even post the response you get here!

2 people like this.
  6. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Definitely cheaper but not a lot.

7. alex99

alex99 Senior member

It depends on the piece. I bought the low straight sulfur wash jean ($269.99 on sale), and the jackson frontier shirt ($229.99 on sale) from the web site. Took them both to the Polo store in San Francisco and got the extra 25%, so the jeans were $190.50 and the shirt was $149.49. So I saved an extra $159.99. To me that is a big difference. Both really great pieces btw. Love the sulfur wash jeans.

8. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Yes everything on sale in the store is cheaper than online. For instance everything in the sale section online is already reduced by 25 % in the store . I'll give it to next week to see if online puts the extra 25 on everything as well

9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Maybe I just have shit luck, but I just called the Denver RL store to ask them about the RRL sale and how long they will remain on sale; they wouldn't even tell me if they had what I wanted in stock, let alone allow my to put it on hold.
    So I will ask here on the off chance one of the actual RL SA's who see this thread can help me - I'll be visting Denver next week and plan on picking up some RRL on the 4th (assuming my size is in stock for what I want), what are the chances RRL is still going to be on sale by the 4th? Pretty good? I have no idea when they end the sale prices and send them to other stores/outlets or if they just keep them in store until they sell.
    Thanks. If it makes a diff I'm looking at some hoodies, oxfords and the spokane and midland washes.

10. non boring

non boring Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the responses, appreciate it. Didn't realize sale was usually 25% off cheaper than online, always thought it was a store by store basis. Also didn't know you could get the extra 25% off by taking in store if you purchased before the extra discount. Couldn't find the low straight midland wash in the size I want, will prob call customer service next week.

11. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

I've seen it in person and it is a nice piece, mid weight leather and quilted lining, I thought about getting it but found this one and have zero regrets. It's a heavier natural cxl and similar to the sale price of the knowles.
    http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/schott-nyc/ss14-model-113-cxl

12. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Thanks for this Dave. My SA got back to me to say that one of the Ralph Lauren stores in town actually has some womens RRL. Went down yesterday and they actually had this dress in stock at 50% off but only in a 1 or 3. I was in two minds to pick up the 3 but I think it would be too big for her and the 2, as you suggested, probably would be perfect unfortunately.

Was the first time I'd ever really seen any of the womens RRL in person and they had some nice stuff. Thought this polka dot dress was pretty cool too. Very similar to the Allen work jacket but in a much lighter fabric. Couldn't get over the thought of having matching his and hers though...
    [​IMG]

For anyone in London interested in buying some womens RRL, the Fulham Road branch is where to go.

13. tahonng

tahonng Senior member

I've seen that, but I thought more the slim straight. You've got more RRL handling experience, so I defer to you. What's the difference in fit?

(They don't put Danielle on enough. They don't have her on as much now.)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  14. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Anyone been to any of the NYC stores lately & which if any was stocked best? I'm looking to head into the city today with money to burn

15. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

West Broadway.

16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Visited the G'town store in DC last week, and I was kind of hoping for more of a selection of RRL. Some nice stuff, but not much that I found particularly exciting. There was a jacket from the new collection that I would've liked if not for the debatably inappropriate Native American imagery on the chest. There was also a jacket with kind of a Navajo-style print that might've looked nice if not for the fleece collar, which gave it a weird RRL x Old Navy vibe. I liked the terry loop cardigan I tried on, but the cut was way awkward on my build (it'd probably look decent on someone less scrawny).

The jeans they had were made with the new USA denim, which felt thinner and smoother than the old Japanese stuff. It was also a little lighter and bluer in color with a lighter weft IIRC. Overall, not a fan. It was nice that they had hidden rivets, but not enough of a trade-off. I was hoping they'd have some of the blue warp/blue weft slim fits, but no dice.

tl; dr - Cool to see so much RRL stuff in person in one place, but there wasn't anything I liked as much as the couple of pieces I already have.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  17. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

18. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

What was inappropriate about the Native American Imagery?

19. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Eh, debatably inappropriate, and mostly just that it's a caricature of an outmoded historical conception of a race or ethnic group. I don't think it would fly if it was a patch with a caricature of some other race or ethnic group, but apparently RRL gets a free pass with Native Americans.

I'm pretty sure this topic has been discussed to death in this thread already, so let's chalk it up to 'not to my taste' - I'm not a big fan of branded logo patches under most circumstances - and move on.

I forgot to mention - there was this shawl collar chambray jacket that I thought looked pretty nice.

Also, I'm a little bummed that a henley I saw in the store is marked down online but was full-price in the store. Definitely would've picked one up.

3 people like this.
  20. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

I asked the SA i work with about a good tailor cause i was interested in tapering the lower
    Half leg on my slim fits a bit (like petite new standards) and he suggested soaking the bottom half of the jean in hot water to help shrink it up

Anyone ever give this a shot? I feel like it could be bad to only dye half