• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

koidragon

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could get some advice from those of you who use Ebay on a regular basis. I won a nice used Double RL leather wallet in an auction , It had a Buy it Now of 250. And starting bid of .99. I won it for around 6.00. (seller listed it with wrong wording and wrong category). He had a feedback of like 150 with 100 % positive. It has been 4 days now and he has not responded to any messages or supplied any shipping info. Looks like he has no intention of sending it, If this ends up being the case what is the best course of action to take against him , as I don't want him to pull this crap on other honest people.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just landed a pair of black selvedge slim fits from ebay. Been looking for a pair for the loooongest time.

woot.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was wondering if I could get some advice from those of you who use Ebay on a regular basis. I won a nice used Double RL leather wallet in an auction , It had a Buy it Now of 250. And starting bid of .99. I won it for around 6.00. (seller listed it with wrong wording and wrong category). He had a feedback of like 150 with 100 % positive. It has been 4 days now and he has not responded to any messages or supplied any shipping info. Looks like he has no intention of sending it, If this ends up being the case what is the best course of action to take against him , as I don't want him to pull this crap on other honest people.

Pretty much nothing you can do. If you open a case against him he could just say the auction was a mistake and he no longer has the item. If you've paid he will just refund you. eBay sucks.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty much nothing you can do. If you open a case against him he could just say the auction was a mistake and he no longer has the item. If you've paid he will just refund you. eBay sucks.

I had something similar happen to me where I incorrectly did the auction. I had a pair of nice PRL pants I was selling. BIN was for like $85 but I started the bidding at like $9 and didn't do th minimum correctly. As a result, someone bought it for $9. I bit the bullet and chalked it up to lesson learned. If it was $250 and a nice piece and I messed up the auction, I would probably try to work something out with you offline, reasonably. I would email the seller and tell him you want to work something out that's fair to the both of you (ie offer $150 or something).

Last edited:

Kroaker

Reaction score
If nothing else, make sure and give him negative feedback.

koidragon

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, Should have known I was screwed when it said good luck bidding and God Bless in the description. I can't really work anything out with him as he flat out doesn't respond to any contact. Anyway his Ebay name is 219ford411 in case you guys keep a list.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can do anything other than leaving negative feedback for him.

That user should have set a reserve price. No way he's going to let it go for 6 dollars having a buy it now price of 250.

Last edited:

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive won an RL item for $1 plus shipping before, and the seller sent it. i also recently purchased 2 caps and the seller had agreed on free shipping but when i finally make the purchase, they dont respond. i messaged them 5-6 times and nothing. they finally got back to me many days later, saying there was a power outage and honored the free shipping. you never know.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can report his account as a "dead beat" seller.

Basically if he does this 2 or 3 times he will get suspended.

Leaving him a neg won't hurt him, because he's probably a casual seller who only uses ebay twice a year.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Guy is an idiot. I can't believe people out there write DOUBLE RR Label instead of RRL...These are the same types of idiots who argue with me that RRL means Rodeo Ralph Lauren or that all of RRL is only "used found vintage clothing" and anything I sell RRL made in China is a knock off.

They don't even know what brand they're wearing and refuse to do any damn research on their own.

This is why the item fetched only $6 bucks..

Last edited:

JilSlander

Reaction score
RRL slims and Murdock boot:

0mpi.jpg

This looks awesome. Wish I could find a pair of slim black leather boots (rockabilly steez).

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody got any tips, or better yet, measurements (for a size 34) if the different styles from RRL? I have two pairs of the slim fit and they are both a lot different (one is a pair of rigid from ~2 years ago and the others are some washed slim fits from this spring.
Basically I'm just wondering if any of the other fits are bigger in the thighs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads