1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

This. So, New day, New page. Everybody, move on.

2. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

I cant afford RRL for the most part...so when equivalent pieces with similar aesthetics from other brands are being offered to me at more affordable price points: obviously im interested

That doesnt mean i wont spring for a few occassional pieces at MSRP, i just have to be a bit pickier in my selection.

Doesnt take away from my general interest or appreciation of the brand.

3. RF37

RF37 Member

4. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

So...

PSR store in Woodbury is closed I heard?

5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

huh.

6. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Why are you digging up posts I made in 2011?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  7. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

GBR and RRL CLOTHING really should get together.

1 person likes this.
  8. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Same shit different toilet in here . Any how ordered the Portland Jean and supposedly the retail stores are going an additional 25% off on Tuesday , don't know about online .

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

cool thanks. 25% off extra until next tuesday?

10. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Extra 25% off starting Tuesday on stuff already on sale .

11. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Buy now they will just price adjust right?

12. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Can't really call it on that I would just hold on till Tuesday morn . Unless you work with the same sa and they can hold it till Tuesday .

13. LA Guy

For those of you who don't know how I do things - once I say that something stops, it stops. Immediately. I don't care who got in the last word. If there are any additional posts that require deleting, those posters will sit out the next week or two. Stop the bickering.

fwiw, I know one of the designers of the original iteration of RRL - we actually did a collaboration with her some 6 years ago now. And I was around when RRL had their first store on Third Street in LA. So, that's how far back my association with the brand goes - back into the early 2000s.

Thanks,

Fok.

1 person likes this.
  14. LA Guy

Incidentally, if you have any problems with this, PM me. Do not post them here. I can't promise that I'll read the PMs, or answer them, but at least you'll not get timed out or restricted from this thread. Unless, of course, you decide to take an internet swing at me, which would just be silly.

Cheers,

Fok.

1 person likes this.
  15. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

From a SA at Melrose Store:

TUESDAY JUN/24 All RRL SALE Product will be marked down an additional 25% OFF

SPRING- 40% + 25% OFF
    SUMMER- 30% + 25% OFF

16. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Just in stores or online too?

17. blankinput

blankinput Active Member

Going to just say what I have to say here after checking this threads for months and continually being disappointed.

There are two sides to this whole thing. On one hand, I 120% back RRLC on what he's saying. This thread is a joke insofar as the constant stream of "SALE?!?! SALE!??! SALE?!?!?" questions and sizing questions that can be answered in maybe ten minutes by calling a B&M store; there seems to be no room for discussion here about anything substantive. No one ever talks about this brand in an engaging way.

Every once in a while, I don't see a problem with the odd sizing question or link to a similar item by a different brand. But, I get it. RRLC is passionate about the brand, and he engages in the reselling and I guess if I was involved as he I wouldn't want people shitting up the thread, especially having been here since page one. That being said, at the end of the day I don't want people to feel as though they can't ask an innocent question. As I mentioned, there are two sides to this problem, but the scale seems to have tipped in the direction of this thread being a complete shitstorm of petty questions that detract from the overall appreciation of the RRL brand.

So, here's my solution in order to avoid being a victim of what I am criticizing: Let's try to come up with topics, post fit pics, etc.. At the end of the day, you can either sit here and bitch or try to help out. I am going to try and be more active because I am tired of this nonsense. Here's my first question:

How did you get involved in RRL clothing? What was your initial exposure to the brand?

Growing up, my mom always used to buy me the PRL pony shirts at huge Marshall's discounts for church. I always had a knee-jerk reaction to the brand as it was the epitome of "conformity" for me. After being unwillingly exposed to Ralph Lauren for so many years and slowly becoming interested in personal style, I realized that Ralph's vision wasn't just business-casual white America. It extended far beyond that, and I discovered RRL. Nowadays my closet is filled with RRL. I like the military collections more than anything (several relatives served during WWII) and was disappointed to see that there was nothing like that being offered this fall.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    2 people like this.
  18. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Brand actually started in the early 90's when I was living in Manhattan. This was pre Mansion days and there was the top half of the second floor built out as RRL. I think the brand was then shuttered for a few years and then resurrected.

PS. On another forum I frequent vendors are required to list " trade member" under their name so people know what point of view they are coming from. I did not know RRL CLOTHING is a reseller. It now explains many of his postings.

19. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Quote: I'm a big bag collector. I stumbled upon an amazing vintage, military inspired bag a few years back and realized it was RRL. Had never heard of the brand before. Now 80% of my wardrobe and nearly all my bags, belts, wallets, etc are RRL.

And I'm pretty sure I remember seeing some ww2 inspired pieces in one of the upcoming collections...

20. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Can i start another "RRL CLOTHING THREAD (Poor people edition)"

1 person likes this.