1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Nice creases/fades! How old is this pair and how many washes have you done?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Sounds dope. Can't wait to see pics. Wouldn't the wax potentially rub off on your shirt if it was worn with the wax side in?

3. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I went true to size. A little more fitted than the dixon jacket was. Theres a matching reversible vest too.
    Also saw some really awesome limited edition bags made from vintage wool navajo blankets with leather trim. Limited to 100 and each one is different. Really cool piece

4. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Those bags are fantastic. I bought a couple to give as presents. I'll post some pictures when I get them.

5. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

9 months.. 1st wash was at around 4 months after I tried to get some yellow mustard out with a spot clean that didn't work. Iv since washed em quite a bit maybe 2x monthly. The denim on these is very different to most denim I own with it being very light & airy

1 person likes this.
  6. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

7. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I was tempted but i dont need another bag that doesnt work as carry on or checked bag, plus they were like $800

8. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Yeah. Barney's is have an amazing sale. My wife has been cleaning them out.

9. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Jacket is up on the UK site. As usual it looks better in person

http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=35692961&orderSourceCode=0

10. subdivide

subdivide Senior member

Got a chance to check out everything in stock at the West Broadway store today. The two pieces I was most interested in were the limited edition cotton and hemp chambray shirt and the dark indigo slim fits.

Cotton and hemp chambray is a beautiful fabric, but much too heavy and coarse for a shirt. I've tried wearing and breaking in a shirt made of material this rough and it just... isn't worth it.

[​IMG]

The dark indigo slims are killer material, super starchy and heavy. They look like they'll make an indigo mess and fade beautifully in about a year and a half. The sizing is surprisingly off - be careful ordering these. I always wear a 33 slim (sometimes, a 32). With these, I would need to size up to a 34. They fit much smaller than any other slims from the past four years.

[​IMG]

I love the complementary bottle of perrier, but I don't love the $400+ washed boro and kasuri scarves made of vintage material. That's just extortionate - and please stop biting my steez. The fake kasuri RRL scarf is a little bit wack, too.

11. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Does anyone have any educated guesses around when remaining current season items will be added to the existing sale?

12. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

What are you talking about? I have a kasuri fabric boro shirt from 2010 that retailed for $495. What steez????

13. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

ive seen the new rrl slims but whats the new limited denims you are referring to?

15. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

That jackets not Limited Edition. Its part of the seasonal Fall Icon range. Just type Icon into the search bar and it will bring up all the Icon pieces for the season.

16. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

thats what i figured, SA was trying to hype it up.

17. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

[​IMG]

Just received these, ordered them last week and are probably in stores by now. Indigo canvas lace up espadrilles, there is also a slip on selvedge model on the way.

18. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Every damn time I try to go to the RRL page it crashes my browser with some bogus script not responding. So annoying. Anyone have a link to view the site without all the bulls**t? I really don't need to see a video of some guy playing a standup base in sepia tone every time I go to the site anyway.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  19. zHugh

zHugh Member

Was considering a few RRL shirts and I just assumed at those price points they were made in USA or at least Italy or somesuch. Then I see they were made in Malaysia. Not saying they aren't good quality but that's an exorbitant price to charge for a shirt made with third world labor.

1 person likes this.
  20. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

A basic cotton RL shirt made in Italy retails for $295. Doubt you will pay for first world labor even at 70% off. RRL is higher quality than most labels made anywhere. Do some research.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014