1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

So it's 70% off in stores?

2. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

what is the SH store we are talking about? Soho or outlet?

3. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Soiffer Haskins. The bi-annual NYC sample and overstock sale, not an RRL store

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  4. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

woah never heard of that before, thanks for the info!

5. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Was there a special online code a few weeks back? Something like 20% off? Anyone have anything currently.

6. Viral

Viral Senior member

I can proxy for anyone who wants items from the Soiffer Haskin sale.

They have some low straights and the olive limited edition jeans as well.

7. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Anything good @ SH?
    How was the line?

8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Nice..thanks for the pics. I guess he wore his own stuff to the shoot.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  9. RRL CLOTHING

I recall last year once wash SL jeans were flooded there as well. Pretty good deal, what sizes did they have and quantities? I'm not flying out there this year maybe next time.

10. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Every size from 28 up to 36. Probably 50% were one wash/rinse and the rest were various dark washes. Alot of size 30 to 32. They were going pretty quick while i was there (which was from 9-9:10)

11. RRL CLOTHING

Dark wash like Canyon Creek/Spring Creek? $300 MSRP? That's approx $100 with tax... good deal.

I wonder how much the 65% off sale impacted the selection at SH this season.

12. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Yep dark wash mostly with a few random lighter one. They were about $94 after tax. One wash were about $78. I wonder if there will be any left on Thursday. They had so many of them in those middle sizes

13. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Well I think I finally resolved my officers field chino dilemma.
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...6&ab=ln_men_cs_sale&view=99&parentPage=family

Size 33 arrived in the mail and it definitely is more comfortable around the waist. When comparing it to my size 32 (which was worn around the house for 2 days and stretched) I would be hard pressed to say if there was more than 1/8" difference in all of the measurements (rise, thigh, leg and bottom opening). The waist is simply larger. It is my understanding that jeans (such as raw denim) will not necessarily stretch that much if no body pressure is put against them. This was explained to me by the guys at BIG (BlueInGreen). If your waist really presses against the jean the more it will stretch - if less pressing than less stretching. As such I cannot see the 33 officers stretching that much.

The final question - sanforization seems to allow for up to a 5% shrinkage. In the case of these 33's that might not be a bad thing. What kind of experience have others had with shrinkage on these chino's. Remember these are the heavyweight raw twill - almost like raw denim - and not the typical soft cotton twill jeans. Do they shrink? How have you washed them.

Finally - although RRL says not to wash these for a while I do not see the problem with washing them. They appear to be un dyed - as such there is no color to lose - and I might not mind getting a small degree of shrinkage. I can start with a cold water wash in the machine (or perhaps even a bathtub soak) and see what happens.

Thanks

PS sorry for all of the questions however I was ready to give up on these pants - however I really like them!

14. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

I don't see the white pair having any effect from a wash. I had the green pair and washed them after a week just to shrink them a bit and they ended up getting white streaks in random areas of the pant

15. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

How did you wash them? Machine? Soak? I assume cold water?

Thanks

16. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Machine, cold

17. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Need some help please.

Looking to buy a new pair of RRL straight leg one wash or rigid.

I have a pair already with old arcs (pre-levis lawsuit, or whatever the reason they flipped the arc loops).

Denim is amazing and the most significant reason I want a new pair. Can I expect the new straight legs to have the same denim as the old arc ones?

18. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Nope, most of RRL is now "Cone" a big IMO diff from the Japanese denim that was used before

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  19. Baldomero

Baldomero Well-Known Member

I've got a pair of the old Japanese Slim Fit that I've only worn about 15 times, never washed, and I'm wondering if that would actually fetch anything on eBay or something. Or would I be better off in the mtkplace here?

20. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Anybody go to SH today? Anything left? What was stuff marked down to? Im thinking of going tomorrow afternoon since i have to run to Jersey City anyway