• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

subdivide

Reaction score
Anyone own a pair of this season's Slim Fit twill chino? I'm wondering if the front rise is lower than the standard Officer's twill chino (which has a pretty damn high rise IMHO)

Sym

Reaction score
If I'm a 32 in the One Wash Low Straights should I take the same size in the Officer's Chinos? Is there much stretching?

Sorry for all the sizing questions but I'm in Canada and we only have 1 RRL stockist up here with limited inventory.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I'm a 32 in the One Wash Low Straights should I take the same size in the Officer's Chinos? Is there much stretching?

Selvedge ones yes, normal ones a little. I'd say 31 probably if you can fit thighs

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people find the Black denim fits tighter than the once washed denims?

Sym

Reaction score

Selvedge ones yes, normal ones a little. I'd say 31 probably if you can fit thighs

These are the only Officer's Chinos I see on the site

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...b=ln_men_cs2_chinos&view=99&parentPage=family

They are the normal ones correct? Are the Selvedge only in store?

I'm typically a 34 and couldn't fit into the 31 Low Straights. I was thinking of ordering both a 32/33 and returning the one that doesn't fit. Should I order a 31 and 32 instead?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are the only Officer's Chinos I see on the site

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...b=ln_men_cs2_chinos&view=99&parentPage=family

They are the normal ones correct? Are the Selvedge only in store?

I'm typically a 34 and couldn't fit into the 31 Low Straights. I was thinking of ordering both a 32/33 and returning the one that doesn't fit. Should I order a 31 and 32 instead?

Selvedge is here:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13088135

And 32 would work too I'm pretty sure

Vinneus

Reaction score

Do people find the Black denim fits tighter than the once washed denims?

yes, i think it has to do with the overdye process. its more or an actuall wash when the "one wash" indigo models are just rinsed really. so 100% shrink equalls almost smaller than tagd size. in my experiance.

Vinneus

Reaction score
...do they even do online codes for RRL stuff? sorry if this has been discussed.

Vinneus

Reaction score
Thanx man... ment more of like the VIP type codes that get sent via mail or email. work on anything type thing.

Sym

Reaction score

Selvedge is here:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13088135

And 32 would work too I'm pretty sure

Thanks! Somehow I missed those on the site, I thought they were taken down. I'm going for a 31 and 32 in the Selvedge since, at least from what I gathered from the Blake x RЯL thread, there seems to be size discrepancies between different years. I have seen the 31 waist listed at 16.5 (blkblk) and 16 (Blake X RЯL op), if it stretches to a 17 I should be good.

Also these never go on sale outside of the giving in style thing right?

Emixam

Reaction score
do the black slim fit size exactly the same as the indigo raw ? debating wether I need to size up one or not

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanx man... ment more of like the VIP type codes that get sent via mail or email. work on anything type thing.

BZR4548 is good for 10% off anything online.

I remember a couple of years back RL accidentally released a 50% off code which worked on everything. The RL shipping department took a beating that day!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

BZR4548 is good for 10% off anything online.

I remember a couple of years back RL accidentally released a 50% off code which worked on everything. The RL shipping department took a beating that day!

I remember that.
I got Lindricks for $550 right before they pulled the code.

oceansaway

Reaction score

That's bullshit. It's one thing to buy 3 boxes if you are a reseller but for a manager to buy it should be grounds for immediate firing. RL corporate would never let an employee of theirs compete with them. Not to mention employees get add't 25% off on top of the 75% off. Him and the GM are probably both in on it and split the profits of PSRs.

Petty dramas of the reseller's world.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads