1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fwedo

fwedo Well-Known Member

I wear 30 in RRL jeans and chinos and all my RRL belts are 32

2. 00bam

00bam Senior member

Yea with a polo belt if your a 32 in polo jeans then get 34 belt not sure about rrl tho but im sure its the same

3. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

I also size up with RRL belts at least 1.

4. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Ah thats right i forgot about the black ones from the UK. Id love to have a pair of those. Anyone want to trade a pair of 1st run Julian Bowerys for some in size 8? ;)

5. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

thx

6. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

anyone know when the current sale on RRL items is over?

7. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Sick RL collection! you from BK?
    Def. will PM you with some RRL items I need...@KushDryGoods

and thanks for that link @Ghost01

8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Are prices in the store the same as they are on the website?

9. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

10. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Back to more questions with these. I sized down to the 32 and the fit is fine around the thigh, leg etc. The problem remains with the waist area and the amount of stretching. I have worn these for about 3 days - they drop down when I am standing up however when I sit down they are still a bit tight around the waist (belly!). Will they continue to stretch more in the waist or have three days yielded the most I am going to get.

More importantly - from others experiences - if I were to size up from the 32 to a 33 will I only see an increased size in the waist or will I (unfortunately) also see wider thigh and leg, and bottom opening measurements. If everything stayed the same between the 32 and 33 and only the waist measurement changed I would be set however I do not think that will be the case.

PS my actual sizing is always a 34 in pants.

11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Anyone know if the Murdock boot ever goes on sale? I've been eyeing it all season and haven't seen it drop, but don't know if it maybe gets included in end-of-season sales.

12. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

13. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

i would assume that if you change the waist the seat of the pants is going to change almost exactly the same amount, the thighs may also change a very small amount. This is a problem i have with 'slim' fitting pants. My waist measures 32 and my butt measures 38.5. This is apparently enough of a difference to quality as a bodonkadonk in men's slim pants. If i go 1" too big in the waist everything's fine. I don't know how hard it is to tailor it (or the cost) to bring in the waist and not have the hips of the pant puff out which is what happens with a belt.

also does anyone know how PRL sizing is in chinos and trousers? i try to find whatever measures closest to 32". i have no idea if that's a 30, 31, or 32 in PRL

14. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Kevin Costner is wearing RRL Straight Leg Midland wash and maybe a leather Shearling in the movie 3 days to kill... good movie check it out.

15. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

sorry if this thread is wrong, though it could apply to RRL, not sure if there is another RL thread...

any recommendations on RL dress pants in basic colors (black, navy, gray)? I got some of the purple label trousers on sale, and while I have some purple label 5-pocket pants that fit fantastic, the flat front trousers look like grandpa pants on me. The legs and butt are great, but the front just looks way old on me. anything else i should look for in PRL, black label, or RRL that might be better?

16. SpiKedPSU

SpiKedPSU Member

i thought nudies kilt was wtf http://www.nudiejeans.com/shop/kilt-denim/p/2867 but this one takes the cake .. too many selvedge edges just overkill .. its like they took all the left over denim they had and randomly sewn it together and called it a kilt lol

finally got my low straights a couple weeks ago, been wearin em a couple times a week, went biking in em a couple times .. awesome fit n awesome soft, thick denim with a nice slub .. i gotta around to takin fit pix .. the nudies in the background are my other pair of raw, theyre the thin finn organic dry rigid selvedge, the boots are awesome, awesome built n super somfortable .. the sneakers are d&s co, actually real nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  17. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

he wears lots of RRL all the time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  18. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Any NYC peoples get anything from SH this morning?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  19. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

i bought a shirt. RRL was at 70% off this morning. the selection was bad (and i showed up at 9:10AM). there are a few shirts in small and large. maybe 3 shirts left in medium. a few jackets in the L and XL left and some jeans here and there. there were a few people that was buying everything so i imagine there is even less left now. the suit (BL) selection was quite good at 70% off.

20. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I was one of the first 15 people in there when they opened doors. The outerwear rack was all size large limited edition camo jackets, mostly all size large knowles leather jackets (and one medium and xl) and 2 large and 1 XL pea coat. The first two guys standing in line were the only people besides me who made a bee line toward the RRL section and they grabbed half the outerwear rack. I got a camo jacket, the medium leather and a large peacoat. The half full rack of button down shirts i didnt touch since none of it was too appealing. There were a few sweaters on a table that werent too hot. Tons of one wash straight leg jeans, a few pairs of low straights, a few pairs of last years limited olive slim fits and this years rigid white slim straights. Womens looked like that had a pretty good selection.