1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

the one by the RRL store on west bway? i've seen quite a few celebrities puffing away there.

2. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Normally a 10D in most shoes/boots. 9.5D fits me lengthwise and width wise pretty well, its just the top of my foots seems like its being crunched. I'll most likely stick with the 10D

3. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Good call I think. I've got the Brunel boots which are pretty much the same boot with a different sole and I don't think they stretch out much. I don't think boots should ever feel tight.

4. scb

scb Senior member

do the rigid officer's chinos fit the same as the "normal" non-rigid officer's chino?

5. cchen

cchen Senior member

Anyone know if they're still making the white selvage slim fits?

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

This one. It's the same jacket I got subway paint on (maybe you remember the trolling fiasco relating to that incident on here a while ago?). Perhaps "washed" isn't the right word for it, but the jacket definitely had a used/worn appearance, it wasn't like any other waxed jacket I'd ever owned. Not sure what was done to it to make it that way though.

[​IMG]

7. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I'm assuming they just give it a light wash that removes a bit of the wax so it has an aged look as opposed to a brand new freshly waxed/oily jacket. Getting a waxed jacket is on my list of must-have items I want to have and I actually prefer a vintage Barbour or the aged/washed RL ones over the shiny new Barbour's they sell at J Crew. Now that waxed jackets are trendy it kinda gives a little extra fashion cred that you're not a trend follower but you've worn and loved the jacket for years.

I'd love to see the before and after pics of your re-waxing and alterations.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

It probably wasn't washed, but baked/brushed rather. This evaporates some of the wax and gives it an aged appearance.

Oilcloths are pretty badass, you buy one, recondition it from time to time and it lasts forever.

The only problem is storing it they tend to get musty in summer due to the wax/humidity because they're not breathable.

9. SpiKedPSU

SpiKedPSU Member

is anyone is interested, the slim rigids in 29x30 currently on the site are the ones i recently sent back are of still japanese denim, theres 1 pair in stock if anyone cares, these will most likely be the last , at least in that size, still in japanese denim .. i exchanged those for the low straight once washed in 30x30, got the last pair of the old sku so im hoping theyre still the japanese , though i honestly dont mind either way

10. mfbnyc

mfbnyc Well-Known Member

Yup - I worked for RL back then. If it just says "Ralph Lauren Country", like this tag, it's women's. Men's will say "Polo Country".

1 person likes this.
  11. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

i've wondered what happens with returns..so they go back into regular inventory? Not that I have a problem with that. but i've seen how some people return things and I can imagine they get some gross stuff back. On my last order i said it was a gift so i would get the gift boxes what i didnt know they would do is tear all the prices off the tags. so i guess if i returned anything they would have to re-tag it

12. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Nope, they send out tons of things to me with the price tag stub torn off. I assume each piece gets a thorough 150 point inspection before they put it back up for sale.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  13. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Not true at all in my experience.
    At least 3 times I received items with no retail tags and glaring problems.
    RRL online has been nothing but a nightmare (personally) any of the few times I've placed orders.

They are pretty good at making up for their mistakes though.

14. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

i placed an order w/ the 65% off 'sale' which had been my first order in years. i have had to call them twice about issues (not receiving an exchange, and then the exchange still being for a wrong item) and each time I've expected to be treated poorly or receive an excuse because i was one of 'those' customers but the service has been great about it. I did place another order since then, and maybe that was the idea all along - i didnt know that RRL existed until after that

15. gnu

gnu Senior member

If anyone is looking, Unionmade in Los Angeles has stacks of the japanese denim slims. They said they had one last full run of sizes, then all they will have is the cone mills version.

16. SpiKedPSU

SpiKedPSU Member

yeah i hate not being near a store .. its been 4 weeks now tryin to get these friggin jeans .. first i got the rigid slim but they were a size too small .. exchanged em for the low straight, they sent me regular straight instead .. so i got the low straight once washed they gave em to me for 212 and waived the 35 for next day shipping .. hopefully they get it right this time lol .. the boots and shoes were right on the first order though ... i only really need 1 pair of raw rigid denim, i have a pair of nudie thin finn dry selvadge ive been breaking for about a week, so i figure i have one slim pair of rigids ill get a pair of rrl low straight once washed so i can choose tight n rigid or more comfortable but still looking good ...

17. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

are RRL straight/slim wider than black label? i got a pair of black label jeans on ebay that i think are from 2012, they are straight leg and the fit seems similar to slim on RRL

18. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

In case anyone is interested the shirt sleeve gardiner anchor workshirt that's from the summer collection is selvedge chambray but doesn't mention that on the site.

1 person likes this.
  19. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Its been a while since I have posted anything here. A friend of mine took a photo of me today and I happened to be wearing my RRL denim western shirt and RRL worker cap.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    7 people like this.
  20. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

For those still looking for a pair of denim that is Japanese, I just received a pair of the straight leg repaired an they are Japanese denim not cone.