1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

What current sale?
    Code doesn't work for anything I've added to my cart.

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yeah I just realized that. I swear this sale applied to RRL last year and the terms and conditions don't say anything about RRL being excluded.

3. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

I think it's one more shitty consequence of the leaked sale.

4. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Can't decide whether to keep or return/sell these rigid low straights.

pros:

- They fit pretty well. Even after the waist stretches, I may still be able to wear them without a belt.
    - They're the older Japanese denim version, which may not be made again, and the denim is pretty damn cool - lot's of unevenness to the weave, some hairiness, very dark, good weight, &c.

cons:

- I have a lot of jeans already.
    - I can't tell if they're a hair too short for me. The hem is maybe an inch off the ground if I wear them without shoes, which is shorter than I usually wear jeans.
    - I'm undecided on the back pocket stitching. I tend not to wear much visible branding, and I generally shy away from embroidered pockets.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Inseam does look too short (imo) on the first photo, less noticeable on the other photos. Wouldn't be an issue if you wore some hi tops or boots though.

6. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Fit looks good but too short if you plan on wearing uncuffed. I hate that sensation of the pants going into your shoe as it's doing in the last pic.

7. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

I think the length is fine. Show the sneakers/shoes and cuff em if you are uncomfortable with it in between.

8. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

Personally I think they look pretty good, fit is spot on other than you are right in that they do appear a 'hair' (and I do mean by a very small amount) short. Whether or not you are comfortable with that is up to you, but it certainly doesn't look bad or that noticeable. I've also found with many pairs that like the waist, length will extend a tad as the material breaks in.

I'm sure as was noted if you wore them with boots or high tops it wouldn't seem short at all.

[​IMG]

RRL plaited shawl collar, Irving shirt, hiatt western slims, RL kettering boot.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    3 people like this.
  9. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

You ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan

10. runyourchain

runyourchain Senior member

No hate but you look like you raided Mr Rogers closet.

11. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

RIP Cardigan Cowboy

12. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Mr. Rogers is a style icon. This is a shot in the dark, but I'm interested in trading the dark brown version of these braces for the beige ones if anyone is interested. The brown ones have some cool metal and leather details. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

Pharrell in what looks like RRL?

[​IMG]

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yup at coachella this weekend. he was rocking one of the rrl mohave henleys

15. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Loving the richmond jacket, especially the lining

Dunno if i could drop 1800 after hearing the mixed reviews on leather quality

[​IMG]

16. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

Maybe you owe yourself a first hand look? I know the reports have been spotty but my stratton from last season is exceptional in its leather and I'm super happy with it.
    Well except i got an xl and am now wishing i sized up. Anyway I'm constantly surprised at my impressions of pieces and the wide swing from photos online to the real thing. Im constantly surprised. Love it online then don't in person and eh online to wow in person. Sucks when you don't live close to a store. Good luck.

17. SpiKedPSU

SpiKedPSU Member

hey so i havent gotten anything from RRL in a long time, im thinking of getting the black indigo cardigan
    [​IMG]
    anyone own in and know how it, or similar items run (run big or small) ... im between 5'6 and 5'7, 135, and depending on the item in RL brands I vary between an XS or a S, was wondering if anyone can give any insight on how this one fits ....

btw @notwithit i see that philly background ... lol philly here too

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Did RL send anyone the wrong item during the employee code leak? One of my shirts was wrong so I put on the return form to send the correct item but I only got an email for the refund for the items I returned. Do they usually send another shipping notification and invoice once they send the correct item?

19. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

The last time I used the return form to do an exchange, I got an email when they did the return then a day or so later I got a shipping notification.
    I seem to recall they credited my card for the return then did another charge for the new item.

20. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

They sent me another invoice two days after they refunded the amount back to my credit card. The entire process from shipping it back, to locating the item in stock, to shipping it out and receiving it took about 2.5 weeks.