• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

vurt

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with the Moody Tube Racer with the side splits and how it fits. Here's a picture for reference:

I've seen the advice to size up on leather jackets. I'm typically an S. Wondering if an M in this would be right or it'll be too loose? This jacket doesn't look like too tight a fit due to the side splits.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if this is the only rick you are going to own as far as leathers, not a great choice. skinny arms and really boxy

vurt

Reaction score
My first and maybe only one. Thanks for the tip. I don't mind the boxy fit but I'm concerned about the skinny arms you pointed out—although, do all the leather jackets have skinny arms? I have a fairly stocky build and am short at 5'5" so I'm concerned about fit when it comes to leather jackets.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My first and maybe only one. Thanks for the tip. I don't mind the boxy fit but I'm concerned about the skinny arms you pointed out—although, do all the leather jackets have skinny arms? I have a fairly stocky build and am short at 5'5" so I'm concerned about fit when it comes to leather jackets.

My rick jackets have slim arms.

The jacket you linked is one of the more boring looking ones from the variety the label offers. I'd say the ones to own are the intarsia or the stooges but that's my 2c.

vurt

Reaction score
The jacket you linked is one of the more boring looking ones from the variety the label offers. I'd say the ones to own are the intarsia or the stooges but that's my 2c.

Haha yes I know what you mean. I started out looking for a Bauhaus; came across that Tube Racer and was curious about it because I thought it might fit my body shape.

I realize the Stooges is one of the most popular jackets but that style of collars don't work on me. I prefer a Mandarin collar or a high-neck.

I'll stick to looking for a Bauhaus. I like the Intarsia but am ambivalent about those elastic wrist cuffs: I have this unfounded concern that it'll expand and become loose over time.

So the sizing up advice is the same for Bauhaus and Intarsia?

biigshow

Reaction score
Yes all arms are tight in the jackets- intarsia, mollono, bombers, stooges, . Only jackets I have that aren't tight on the arms are the windbreakers and parkas which are cut oversized.

happyriverz

Reaction score
Most RO leathers have slim arms, but the tube racer is interesting because of the split sides -- it drapes more like a coat than a jacket because of that, but i would not go with that as my first Rick leather

biigshow

Reaction score
Haha yes I know what you mean. I started out looking for a Bauhaus; came across that Tube Racer and was curious about it because I thought it might fit my body shape.

I realize the Stooges is one of the most popular jackets but that style of collars don't work on me. I prefer a Mandarin collar or a high-neck.

I'll stick to looking for a Bauhaus. I like the Intarsia but am ambivalent about those elastic wrist cuffs: I have this unfounded concern that it'll expand and become loose over time.

So the sizing up advice is the same for Bauhaus and Intarsia?

I haven't seen a bauhaus/geo since winter 17/18 colection. I had one for almost 2 years but it has a new home now. Size up.

AbeEz

Reaction score
Hey. Haven’t purchased RO before. Was interested in purchasing the longline hoodie from DRKSHDW line. Was wondering if anyone has any of the hoodies from that line and had something to say about them. From what it seems.

1. The cotton is fine and the hoodie will have to be treated delicately.
2. Does anyone have some ideas on fit for someone 5’9” and 140 pounds. A small seems right. For me but I don’t want it too short, as the stylistic detail of this hoodie that I like is it’s long length.

vurt

Reaction score
Thank you @biigshow , @happyriverz , @sinnedk . So I ought to be safe looking for an M, which would be a 50 according to the website's size chart. I do wish their size chart had actual measurements.

So do the sleeve cuffs on the Intarsia loosen up over time? Can they be replaced or what does one do when it happens?

biigshow

Reaction score
Thank you @biigshow , @happyriverz , @sinnedk . So I ought to be safe looking for an M, which would be a 50 according to the website's size chart. I do wish their size chart had actual measurements.

So do the sleeve cuffs on the Intarsia loosen up over time? Can they be replaced or what does one do when it happens?
customer care provides measurements upon request. also most online stores measurements are accurate. ssense/mr p/ matches etc.

yapopor

Reaction score
Cuffs loosen up but will take a long time and will still be fine.

They can be replaced if they develop holes or you destroy them.

Here's an intarsia with measurements. Click view size guide.

customer care provides measurements upon request. also most online stores measurements are accurate. ssense/mr p/ matches etc.

yapopor

Reaction score
I haven't seen bauhaus in a while but the current mollino is pretty similar.

Biggest difference is that the neck is slightly shorter.

I haven't seen a bauhaus/geo since winter 17/18 colection. I had one for almost 2 years but it has a new home now. Size up.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirts & Tanks

Raisin Ribbed Chocolate Sweater - XL - $250

Mustard Tank L $160

Dust Tank L $160

Green Unstable Cotton Shirt BNWT XL $180---->$160

White Unstable Cotton Shirt BNWT XL $180----$160

Topaz Rayon Silk Shirt Used once XXL $200----->$160

Cyclamin red tank top L $150

Jeans

DRKSHDW Hustler blue Detroits size 33------> $250-->$230

Shoes

Leather

Blistered Lamb Stooges DARK DUST 48 - $500

Hoodie

DRKSHDW DARK DUST GIMP HOODIE 48 - $230

Bag

Rick Tote bag OS - $50

all of this still available, near mint condition.

PICTURES

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads