• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FYI.. the Detroit which is made in Japan is a completely different cut compared to the Italian made Detroit.
The Italian one is slimmer with a lower rise, the Japanese one is more of a true medium rise with a slightly fuller slim straight cut.

AB77

Reaction score
FYI.. the Detroit which is made in Japan is a completely different cut compared to the Italian made Detroit.
The Italian one is slimmer with a lower rise, the Japanese one is more of a true medium rise with a slightly fuller slim straight cut.

This is very true, I also bought and returned Japanese Detroit from Rick Owens website, it's so different.

BTW can you still find the current season Italian Detroit with lower rise? I also bought the recent season Italian Detroit as well DU20S5366-SBB and these have 32cm front rise.

I'm in the assumption it's more seasonal and they changed it after around 2019 season on all Detroit.

RensOwick

Reaction score
Can we legit check from clothing tags and model numbers? Is this real or fake?

Attachments

• B6D25D86-C712-42DB-B162-8A8F39DEF939.jpeg
    B6D25D86-C712-42DB-B162-8A8F39DEF939.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 62

AB77

Reaction score
Update on the legit check from above.. I found some other SS21 Creatch cargos with the reverse patch (including one bought from SSENSE), so pretty sure these are in fact legit

View attachment 1660426

Here's another one of the reverse logo but I'm a bit confused with the tags, I thought most season 18 comes in the new tag design.

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 9.26.02 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 9.25.48 pm.png

lakersfan8357

Reaction score
Hi all!
Managed to dig up my old account and its great to see things are still alive here.
Was wondering if I could ask those with experience here about sizing on certain Rick jackets I'm looking at.
Want to know if there are any oddities on the below two jackets and which will fit me better.

Jacket 1 listed as a size S, from what I found LV stands for vegetable (tanned) leather? Possibly on the lighter side?
Chest of 20", Shoulders of about 17", length of 26", and sleeves 28"
rickowensjacket1.png

Jacket 2, also size S, LG standing for grained lamb?
Chest of 17", length of 22.5", shoulders of 16.7", sleeves 28"
rickowensjacket2 .png

Both are the same size and are motos from pre 2013 (I think), yet the differing measurements throw me off.
For reference I'm about 5'10" and 140lbs.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Folks, I am going to offload by cowboy stooges from fw14, perfect condition, all tags and etc, including the RO hanger. I haven't gotten around to taking pics of it but its the one in below link, size 50. Will fit a 48 spot on or loose 46 fit. Pm if interested.

Rick doesn’t release thick calf leather too often so you don’t see this version around much. It is LCW leather code.

I just favor a different double rider so this one needs to go.

AB77

Reaction score
du02a3830_fc_91-shoes-new-side-02_1800x1800.jpeg

Interesting! Bring back the Rickdidas silhouettes.

jasonladuke0311

Reaction score
This may be a FAQ, but I have tried a bunch of search terms without success:

Is there a way to determine the season for pre-Plinth items by looking at the garment tag? Or is a matter of knowing what item/material/color combos were released in which season?

knathaniel

Reaction score
AFAIK pre-Plinth tags just had the product line, product code, material, and color. Guess from there you either need to have an encyclopedic knowledge or Google the combination and hope something pops up.

jasonladuke0311

Reaction score
AFAIK pre-Plinth tags just had the product line, product code, material, and color. Guess from there you either need to have an encyclopedic knowledge or Google the combination and hope something pops up.

That's about what I imagined. For common items I guess it's basically impossible.

No big deal, just curious. FWIW I am wondering about a high neck Intarisa, Dust, in hammered lamb (RU 4761 /LP). I think that is made pretty much every season.

schuermang

Reaction score
Selling my black wax Detroits from Self Edge in a size 33, worn roughly 5 times. looking for $500 shipped
IMG-9287.jpg
IMG-9284.jpg
IMG-9283.jpg
IMG-9282.jpg
IMG-9281.jpg

Hydeous

Reaction score
Selling my sz 43 gradation ramones drkshdw sneaker, pm if anyones interested

Maxawitz

Reaction score
Big WTB for pushers, easy pushers or any similar wide leg heavy cotton rick pants.

btylus

Reaction score
First time in this forum. I’m looking for the Rick Owens Detroit cut denim pre 2019 with the 97%cotton & 3% spandex in size 31/15” waist. Any help would be appreciated!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads