1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. curiouscharles

curiouscharles Senior member Affiliate Vendor

what season is it from?

i could check my materials list for you np.

2. gustavobradley

gustavobradley Senior member

It says 13AW. Also, for a SS14 bomber, does anyone know "TP"?

3. curiouscharles

ah dang, too old for my info - wish i could have helped!

1 person likes this.
  4. gustavobradley

That's fine, I appreciate it anyways!

5. myfavcolorisblk

myfavcolorisblk Member

From nicelynice several pages back: "LA is the thinner spring/summer weight calf leather". Not sure about TP though. I think I've seen that code on tees and hoodies?

Hope this helps

6. gustavobradley

Cool, that does help. Guy on grilled said it was like a canvas, but not as stiff? Wouldn't just tell me the composition from the tag though...

7. circulate pain

circulate pain Active Member

Take a look. The design is obviously really similar to the moto jacket made for men pretty commonly in the past, but you can see how small the shoulders are and the button pockets. I've just never seen button pockets on a men's jacket before but have seen them on women's Rick frequently
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. gustavobradley

Don't know why this didn't occur to me before, but can you just post the product code? IIRC men's and women's use different codes.

9. circulate pain

circulate pain Active Member

That's a good point that I forgot to mention. The code is RU 8763, and searching around most of the men's moto jacket have RU 1769 as the product code.

10. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

Been on the lookout for a Bauhaus but I can't figure out if I should go for 52 or 54. I'm 6'4", 200lbs, medium build, 41" chest, 35" waist. I've read through this whole thread and have like 50 tabs open with various measurements and I still can't decide if the 52 would be too small. Barney's is the only place I know in the Bay that stocks much RO but they haven't had any leathers the last times I've been. Any ideas? AM I A FATTY???

Been leaning towards calf as I think the collar looks cooler a little more stiff but I could see that getting annoying too.

11. Caligari

Caligari Senior member

If you have shoulders DEFINITELY 54 and IT may be tight. Big guys like us aren't catered to by Rick even though my whole wardrobe is Rick, Boris and Poell.

12. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

How does that work with the rest of the fit, though? I'm not as big but I've been looking at some of the jackets and it seems like anything that would fit in the shoulders would be crazy broad in the chest.

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

That's def. a men's jacket, it's just like 10 years old or something. Some older stuff had buttoned pockets and weird sizing. No womens jackets have anything close to 16-17inch shoulders anyways

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  14. myfavcolorisblk

myfavcolorisblk Member

I believe women's product codes start with RP as well.

The rubber sidewall has started to separate from the sharktooth sole on my geobaskets. Can this be repaired?

[​IMG]

15. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

I'm no expert but i'd try to crazy glue that asap. Is that a common issue with rick soles??

16. JayFS

JayFS Senior member

It's a men's jacket and I want to say it's from Crust or maybe even older. I've also never seen the collared moto design for womens before.

17. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Especially when the shoulders scale by 1/2" and the chest by 2" each size you go up. I'm not sure 1/2" is going to make all that much difference in the shoulders.

18. Callusing

Callusing Senior member

Got my LCW Worker. The leather's pretty nice, and I really dig that it's unlined except for the sleeves...it's a relatively substantial leather, but definitely an SS jacket as far as warmth and heaviness goes. The leather itself is pretty bland and basic calf, and the silhouette doesn't work as well when the leather is still stiff, but I'm hoping it'll wear in well over time. I definitely liked the Brushed Calf I had before better than this LCW.

One thing that pissed me off: The first time I tried it on, a few stitches popped on the back of the underarm. I wasn't testing the seams much at all, but the threads broke clean in half as soon as there was any pressure on the shoulder. It'll be easy enough for me to fix with a needle and thread...the leather itself was totally unharmed...but I'm still disappointed that a $3000 jacket had an issue so quickly.

19. curiouscharles

*sewn in Moldova

1 person likes this.
  20. Callusing

Callusing Senior member

Roger that. Lesson learned. Expensive lesson learned, but lesson learned. I probably should've paid more attention to what I've read here and elsewhere...looking through the secondhand market, I'm far from the first who's had a seam fail at this exact spot.

I might just get a tailor to fix it then try to sell it off and hope I only lose a few hundred dollars. I think I'm done with Rick leathers for a good while after this. I'll still keep my eyes out for a black older-season calf Stooges, but that's gonna be it. I love Rick's cuts, but I'm not yet at a place in my life where I can brush it off easily when a purchase goes bad like this, which probably means I shouldn't be buying these things in the first place.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016