Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Is that your usual size? All the Rick I've tried has run small, but again, that's mostly hoodies and shit.

2. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Anyone selling 50/L black pods?

3. accordion

accordion Senior member

Yea i think the newer stuff is tts, though i mightve sized wrong for my pods, but L for prisoners is definitely correct for me, im 34, L in isoara

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Sweet. Thanks. Now I just need to find some prisoners that aren't dust (or whatever that washed out brown/grey is called).

5. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

If you look back to around January, NN and I had a convo about this and he mentioned that you may not be able to alter a Stooges from the shoulder. I'm not sure 4-5 inches from the shoulder would ever be a good idea anyway. You are going to end up with every part of the sleeve 4-5 inches from the place it was designed to be.

The jacket you're talking about can be altered at the cuff but after the stitching is removed and the zipper moved up, there will be a place where the original needle holes remain visible (this should make sense if you look at the cuff and what would need to be done). But it would be minimal and probably never noticed by anyone except you. Actually, 5 inches is a ton so maybe that will cut off the entire zipper in which case you wouldn't have that problem. If you post a photo of the cuff I can point out what I'm talking about (at least what my tailor told me.)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015

6. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at the cuff tonight.

I've not worn the jacket in a few months since its been a hot start to summer but I recently tried on a SLP L01 and it was nice not having to fight pulling up the sleeves every few minutes.

I'm not sure if its an option but I don't mind the stacking and length when the cuff zipper is closed, the problem is the cuff still slips to the widest part of my hand when it is fully zip. Any chance of taking the cuff diameter in so it will fit snug on my wrist?

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yes bad idea IMO

8. susmoon

susmoon Member

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is sizing like on current season drkshdw detroit jeans? I normally wear a 32, and a 10.5-10.75 inch thigh is about as slim as I should go.

9. Falkor

Falkor Member

Torn between buying the mainline bomber or leather!!! Was thinking more about buying the SS15 Stooge's, have nowhere to try it on where I am, wondering how Rick jackets fit? I'm usually wear L-XL, 5'11" and 210lbs.
    Also, would you guys recommend this seasons vs the others? Any insight would be helpful.

10. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

Almost all of the leather from SS15 was very thin and unappealing to me. Some of the blistered lambs were nice but most SS15 were LGI or comparable lamb leathers. The SS15 bag stooges was pretty bad imo... Even the pricing reflects the quality.

11. cphead

cphead Member

For leathers you're better off getting FW pieces, they tend to have better leather. Rick jackets fit pretty slim.

12. Falkor

Falkor Member

Thanks for the insight guys. I actually liked the look of the zipper on the back of the leather bag stooges. It's on 60% off but I think I'll wait for FW for leather and for now get the bomber.
    I have a pair of DRKSHDW sz L in Nylon if you're interested.

13. Exdeath

Exdeath Senior member

14. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

tried buying some rick leathers off myhabit, the retail price claimed on the website was ~$3000, but when the jackets came (fw13 and ss14, btw) the price tags on the jackets themselves were $2400 and $2500, and they were made in moldova (website said italy), so they were unsurprisingly (given the actual price) the glass ice lamb or whatever. pretty disappointing

15. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

Gilt and MyHabit are cheats on RRP.