• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

echau

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of the grey suede geobaskets from the sneakerboy sale. $485, and then after shipping and duties, $553. Not a bad price. Gotta take advantage of that favorable AUD/USD exchange rate!

Last edited:

Exdeath

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of the grey suede geobaskets from the sneakerboy sale. $485, and then after shipping and duties, $553. Not a bad price. Gotta take advantage of that favorable AUD/USD exchange rate!

Just bought a pair of the horse cargobaskets.

YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON

echau

Reaction score

Just bought a pair of the horse cargobaskets.

YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON

I was very tempted to get those or the all black ones, but I've been shying away from Cargobaskets for a while now due to their height. Anyone have some fit pics that can convince me to pick up a pair?

Exdeath

Reaction score
I was very tempted to get those or the all black ones, but I've been shying away from Cargobaskets for a while now due to their height. Anyone have some fit pics that can convince me to pick up a pair?

A$AP Rocky

Whoever this guy is.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cargo baskets are great, although I think SF cares for them generally. You can tone them down if you use the black laces.

l0rentz

Reaction score
Does anyone here know the diffrence between the
Torrence, Berlin and Detroit jean cuts? I've been looking all over the place and I can't seem to find any details at all...​

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
what are those RO X Adidas springblade lows like to wear please?

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
sneakerboy last pair sale is pretty good
ended up copping the vicious dunks

In black or bone?

I have had the blistered black pair for almost a year now. Easily my favorite hi-tops--ever. Only caveat is to go easy on the laces. If they're the rolled leather laces, then they might shear if you pull them too tightly. Happened to me. Twice.

Here's a recent pic.

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
Does anyone here know the diffrence between the
Torrence, Berlin and Detroit jean cuts? I've been looking all over the place and I can't seem to find any details at all...​

Detroit: skinny jean w/ a low-rise that taper heavily from the knee

Berlin: relaxed cut w/ a mediumish-rise that are straight from the knee to ankle

Torrence is cut to fit sort of in-between Detroit and Berlin. It has a slimish top block that tapers from the knee to ankle. It's basically the Berlin denim with a taper.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In black or bone? I have had the blistered black pair for almost a year now. Easily my favorite hi-tops--ever. Only caveat is to go easy on the laces. If they're the rolled leather laces, then they might shear if you pull them too tightly. Happened to me. Twice. Here's a recent pic.
dunks look great

l0rentz

Reaction score
Detroit: skinny jean w/ a low-rise that taper heavily from the knee

Berlin: relaxed cut w/ a mediumish-rise that are straight from the knee to ankle

Torrence is cut to fit sort of in-between Detroit and Berlin. It has a slimish top block that tapers from the knee to ankle. It's basically the Berlin denim with a taper.

Thanks!

Also, while I'm still here. Is the sizing of all RO sneakers the same? I've got my eyes on a pair of island dunks atm but I'm hesitating as I don't if I should get them in 44 or 45. I had the pleasure of trying on some Ramones highs in 44 a while back but I couldn't even fit my foot into it due to the fastened tounge. I'm a 44 in common projects and 11 in Nikes and I've heard that RO footwear is supposed to be really roomy in general so I was quite confused. Any input as to what size I should get?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads