***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I had a Toj wool MA-1 that I liked and wore a ton for the years that I had it, but I eventually got tired of how "puffy" it looked, and wanted something a little less slim and longer (like how the Rick ones fit).

I have a blistered lamb Bauhaus and figured a MA-1 would work great with the look I'm going for. And would wear well with other stuff too (see DLester's fit pic from last night in WAYWT)

2. accordion

accordion Senior member

yea the suiting wool TOJ ma-1 is much better quality and down filled compared to the RO/drkshdw ma-1. But TOJ's silhouette was awkward for me whereas the drkshdw is perfect. Just don't get the 100% nylon version drkshdw one and stick with the cotton/nylon blend version from last year. I've never handled the mainline MA-1 but I can't imagine it's worth it at 3x the price when the fit is similar.

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Exactly same experience and thoughts as all three of you.

I had the suiting wool ma-1, great jacket, warm, good quality. But, what annoyed me the most was the little wool hairs/strings always coming out, it wasn't water resistant and it was round. I hate looking round when i am slim, its just weird to be a slim guy and wear round jacket.

I sold ma ma1 for exactly what i paid for it after about a year of wear and no regrets.

Rick ma1 i tried on and it fits awkward as shit too, really long and shoulders are super slim. I wasn't comfortable in it. I ended up grabbing the APC oregon jacket which is an ma1 and it has the perfect length and fit for me. I know its not an RO but APC always comes through and i wanted a functional everyday jacket. RO i like for leathers his non leather shit feels too overpriced IMHO.

Basically i think for the price the RO ma1 isn't functional

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  4. lettuce

lettuce New Member

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  5. poilu

poilu Senior member

looks legit but they are not tts. size up one for tts. so if youre small you need a medium.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

check leather code looks like glass ice leather which is their cheaper one

7. cphead

cphead Member

8. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Yah i haven't cut mine cuz im ocd like that but sometimes it comes out and its thick and annoying, rick tags are like mini booklets.

if you want MA1 just get the Sandro MA1 its the best and cheap.
    [​IMG]

9. lettuce

lettuce New Member

Okay, so I asked the seller on the inner tag of the two previous jackets and the leather is LGI (Ice lamb I think what it's called) which I read from couple pages back that it's best to avoid.

What about this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261887459650?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Is it legit? I would really appreciate it if someone could help me again with this one :)

I asked the seller and he said it was bought from Japan, it doesn't have the tag anymore but hanger will be included. He said it's from FW08-09. I don't mind the sleeve being shorten since I probably will end up shortening it myself.

Cheers guys!

10. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Quai Des Antiquaires has been around for a bit now, they're legit... they're a consignment e-shop. I doubt they sell anything fake (at least not intentionally).

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  11. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

does anyone know how plinth fw13 aircut jeans fit? the cotton version in 52
    skin tight or slim?

12. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Nordstrom 40% off a couple rick bits.
    Snoozed on a unstable tee in my size..

13. wanksy

wanksy Senior member

Kinda new to RO but is there a reason why some of RO mainline bombers are more expensive than (or roughly the same price as) their leather outerwear?
    I thought leathers are generally more expensive material?

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

The lower priced RO leathers use really cheap leather, like the stuff you find at the mall

15. poilu

poilu Senior member

just got my swingers. love the fit, but they're stiffer than i thought/would like. 98 cotton / 2 elastane or something like that. ive looked up online ways to soften cotton. ive narrowed it down to washing with salt, washing with vinegar, washing with fabric softener, and throwing a bunch of little stones into the washing machine.

any opinions? the salt, vinegar, and fabric softener would hurt, but im wondering if the little stones might damage the shiny zippers.