1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. akjc

akjc Well-Known Member

To the person asking about what to wear Rick shorts with I would suggest some chunky looking runners in all black. Some Nike AM1 would look nice.
    [​IMG]
    If you don't like the all black shoes look, maybe go for some more recent Nike runners with a white sole. Flyknits are cool and sporty right now. These new woven Nikes look really cool too.
    [​IMG]
    However at the end of the day, I find the most successful Rick fits are the ones where people endulge entirely in the Rick Owens brand.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

2. accordion

accordion Distinguished Member

pods definitely easier to wear than prisoners, and I find prisoners go better with low tops cuz of the tapered hem, just look a bit awkward with geobaskets, at least for me.

3. cloonz

cloonz Senior Member

I like wearing prisoners with my dunks. Don't even see the ribbed cuffs with high tops.

[​IMG]

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

how about nike dunks

5. coldknife

coldknife Senior Member

geobaskets/ramones/ramones sneakers all secondhand will be your best bet tbh

swinger silhouette is still pretty big and oversized so if you can tiny shoes it looks really off and ruins it

6. Melbush

Melbush Senior Member

I came across a leather with the leather code LVS, do anyone know what it means?
    Also, what' your thoughts on the beige pony hair geobaskets released 2 years ago? Wearable?
    [​IMG]

7. poilu

poilu Senior Member

Thanks for all the advice! I think I would get swiftly disinherited if I relapsed into my teenage nike dunk-wearing phase. It was, in retrospect, atrocious.
    I'd love to go for some second hand ramones, but even used they're expensive. Probably would take a long time of saving up. RO not for student budgets. I was thinking of beating up some off white adidas low tops.

8. poilu

poilu Senior Member

I like the colourway melbrush put the pony skin is daring. like really daring. maybe get the suede ones, unless your wardrobe is sufficiently avant garde to support them

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

ummm you know the RO geo's and ro dunks are based on nike dunks. its my fave high top and i have no qualms about wearing it with ro, or other leathers. just don't get anything loud.

example:
    [​IMG]

10. akjc

akjc Well-Known Member

Though Geo's are based on the Nike Dunks, the proportions of Geo's are extremely exaggerated to match the rest of RO's clothing. Regular Nike Dunks could work with RO jackets, but with pants/shorts I feel like the proportions could be thrown off by being too small and conservative.

Personally I find the RO sweatpants look too hard to pull of and is a look you really need to commit to. I was taken back at just how exaggerated the drop crotch was on the Prisoner pants I tried on. I am however a huge fan of the jackets.

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

you are completely right. the shorts need something bigger and bulkier. i would wear my nike with a jacket but not with ro shorts.

12. poilu

poilu Senior Member

i do know what they're based off of. but that would be like saying chuck taylors are a good replacement for ann d sneakers. yeah the ann ds are based off them, but its not really the same thing.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Opening an LA Store?

:slayer:

[​IMG]

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Hmm hammered lamb stooges...

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

Is one coming for fw15?