• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

akjc

Reaction score
To the person asking about what to wear Rick shorts with I would suggest some chunky looking runners in all black. Some Nike AM1 would look nice.

If you don't like the all black shoes look, maybe go for some more recent Nike runners with a white sole. Flyknits are cool and sporty right now. These new woven Nikes look really cool too.

However at the end of the day, I find the most successful Rick fits are the ones where people endulge entirely in the Rick Owens brand.

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pods definitely easier to wear than prisoners, and I find prisoners go better with low tops cuz of the tapered hem, just look a bit awkward with geobaskets, at least for me.

cloonz

Reaction score

pods definitely easier to wear than prisoners, and I find prisoners go better with low tops cuz of the tapered hem, just look a bit awkward with geobaskets, at least for me.

I like wearing prisoners with my dunks. Don't even see the ribbed cuffs with high tops.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To the person asking about what to wear Rick shorts with I would suggest some chunky looking runners in all black. Some Nike AM1 would look nice.

If you don't like the all black shoes look, maybe go for some more recent Nike runners with a white sole. Flyknits are cool and sporty right now. These new woven Nikes look really cool too.
However at the end of the day, I find the most successful Rick fits are the ones where people endulge entirely in the Rick Owens brand.

how about nike dunks

coldknife

Reaction score
regarding your question needhelp, im in the same boat haha. ive got some swinger shorts coming, and im not sure what to wear them with.
geobaskets/ramones/ramones sneakers all secondhand will be your best bet tbh

swinger silhouette is still pretty big and oversized so if you can tiny shoes it looks really off and ruins it

Melbush

Reaction score
I came across a leather with the leather code LVS, do anyone know what it means?
Also, what' your thoughts on the beige pony hair geobaskets released 2 years ago? Wearable?

poilu

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice! I think I would get swiftly disinherited if I relapsed into my teenage nike dunk-wearing phase. It was, in retrospect, atrocious.
I'd love to go for some second hand ramones, but even used they're expensive. Probably would take a long time of saving up. RO not for student budgets. I was thinking of beating up some off white adidas low tops.

poilu

Reaction score
I like the colourway melbrush put the pony skin is daring. like really daring. maybe get the suede ones, unless your wardrobe is sufficiently avant garde to support them

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for all the advice! I think I would get swiftly disinherited if I relapsed into my teenage nike dunk-wearing phase. It was, in retrospect, atrocious. 
I'd love to go for some second hand ramones, but even used they're expensive. Probably would take a long time of saving up. RO not for student budgets. I was thinking of beating up some off white adidas low tops.

ummm you know the RO geo's and ro dunks are based on nike dunks. its my fave high top and i have no qualms about wearing it with ro, or other leathers. just don't get anything loud.

example:

akjc

Reaction score
Though Geo's are based on the Nike Dunks, the proportions of Geo's are extremely exaggerated to match the rest of RO's clothing. Regular Nike Dunks could work with RO jackets, but with pants/shorts I feel like the proportions could be thrown off by being too small and conservative.

Personally I find the RO sweatpants look too hard to pull of and is a look you really need to commit to. I was taken back at just how exaggerated the drop crotch was on the Prisoner pants I tried on. I am however a huge fan of the jackets.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Though Geo's are based on the Nike Dunks, the proportions of Geo's are extremely exaggerated to match the rest of RO's clothing. Regular Nike Dunks could work with RO jackets, but with pants/shorts I feel like the proportions could be thrown off by being too small and conservative.

Personally I find the RO sweatpants look too hard to pull of and is a look you really need to commit to. I was taken back at just how exaggerated the drop crotch was on the Prisoner pants I tried on. I am however a huge fan of the jackets.

you are completely right. the shorts need something bigger and bulkier. i would wear my nike with a jacket but not with ro shorts.

poilu

Reaction score
i do know what they're based off of. but that would be like saying chuck taylors are a good replacement for ann d sneakers. yeah the ann ds are based off them, but its not really the same thing.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm hammered lamb stooges...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads