***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

Has anyone seen this mustard mountain hoodie at a retailer?

[​IMG]

2. solographik

solographik Well-Known Member

What have you heard about the ice lamb (LGI)? Honestly just curious, would be good to hear your opinion on it. thanks!

edit: nvm - search this thread and saw that it was thinner than other variants.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  3. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

I've never owned RO shoes before and I ordered a pair of the Ramones low tops that were on sale recently on MH. They arrived and I have a sizing question- I wear a 10.5- 11 in US and ordered a 44. They are perfect in length but the instep is really tight... the part of the shoe where it laces across the top. I can barely squeeze my foot in and it applies a lot of pressure. Otherwise the size is perfect and I can't imagine going any bigger- then the length would be too long (and that would equate to a 11.5 in US which I've never worn).

A couple thoughts... is this something common with RO shoes that others have experienced? Will they break in across the instep? The first thing I'm going to try is buying a thinner insole to give my instep a little more room...is that something others have done with these particular models?

Any insight greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

I haven't had that problem with any Rick footwear. Do you have a high arch?

5. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

No that I know of. Never had this problem with any other footwear.

6. accordion

accordion Senior member

try re-tying and loosening the laces

is there a cheaper alternative to these faun turtleneck long shirts?

[​IMG]

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Uni-qlo heat tech turtlenecks sized up - they'll be long, but still slim

8. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

It's actually not the laces, it's the tongue that's stitched into the shoe- it's not going anywhere. There's nothing to loosen up other than possibly that the shoe may break in over time. But it's reaallllly tight, can't imagine it would break in that much.

Anyway, just curious if this is a thing with RO footwear that others have experienced but looks like not.

Thanks for the feedback.

9. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

RO Sneakers are the worst and have become a cruel joke. They're never consistently true to size and when they are true to size its because you can barely get your foot in and your foot is squeezed in and the ankle and toe feels loose beyond belief. I've grown to loathe them over time and they've probably deformed my foot at this point. The boots are a win though, if you can remember to size down 2.

10. MyMindSpray

MyMindSpray Active Member

i had the same problem with the Ramones (low version)....i went up a size and cause the tongue is stitched in, it was impossible to get my foot in...ended up returning them....i tried on a pair a year later and had to basically go up 2 full sizes just to get my foot in....if you really want the low version, you gotta go up in size and add an insole...just my opinion though

11. accordion

accordion Senior member

the combat boots arent the same sizing as geobaskets?

12. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

Not sure.. Haven't tried the combats in like 2 years and they were about the same as geo's then. I got the Creepers and Desert boots this last sale season and sized down 2. Actually, I could have probably size down one or two on Geo's and vicious ankle boots as well. Drkshdw sneakers seem to be surprisingly TTS as I had to size up half on those. They fit surprisingly better than mainline. Still an annoying process.

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Rick Owens sizing and quality control in general is a bit hit or miss

14. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

15. KYeezy

KYeezy Senior member

I kinda had the same problem, but not with the instep more with the sizing. I'm a true US 9 and I recently had the chance to try on a pair of Ramone low tops in a 41 and 42. When I tried on the 42 it fit but there was a lot of room in the toe box. So I ended up trying on a 41. Although they fit in length, they were really tight on the ball of my feet. Did this issue occur with you as well, or just in the instep?