Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

I tried on the flight hooded bomber @ totokaelo and it was a TTS fit.

2. gunnerpunk

gunnerpunk Well-Known Member

I got the vicious flight bomber and it fits TTS.

3. UndisputedKid

UndisputedKid Member

Thanks guys. Sometimes I'm a 38, sometimes I'm a 40. This should be fun...

4. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

Only one dealer in LA is authorized to carry RO Mainline and it's Maxfield and Maxfield Bleu, and their selection is usually slim pickings since most stuff sells out through client list pre season. Once they get stuff in expect odd sizes and colors and/or ultra expensive variations. There's a RO store opening in DTLA soon though.

That said, you can find DRKSHDW at the Well, Barneys, Traffic, and American Rag and maybe a couple of other new boutiques that aren't official, but you won't find much other than Sneakers, sweaters a hoodie, maybe a nylon exploder jacket and t-shirt or prisoner / worker jacket. Everything usually priced obnoxiously high.

5. coldknife

coldknife Senior member

6. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

That is pretty shocking. I know leather stretches, but I wouldn't expect that much stretch from a jacket, especially that fast. Must be because the leather is thin and it's unlined.

7. coldknife

coldknife Senior member

I wore it with two layers underneath as well as conditioned it prior to wearing. I actually expected lambskin to stretch this much but I don't think it will actually stretch anymore. Good thing I'm usually a size S in brand new rick leathers.

Also I wore it to sleep on the first night lmao

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

9. UndisputedKid

UndisputedKid Member

Thank you. I might risk it and just buy online and hope it fits...

10. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

Most web stores that sell RO have great return policies, no risk unless you are trying to buy from an outlet or final sale item.

go with ssense or mr-porter, probably the best customer service in the industry.

11. UndisputedKid

UndisputedKid Member

My goodness, this forum is a God send. Where have you guys been all these years?

12. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

+1 on MrP mainly for the no hassle shipping and returns, Ssense has a great return policy as well but shipping is on you and from US can be quite expensive if you're not happy with the fit. I'd also add The Corner, Farfetch and Idol Brooklyn for the return policy and selection. You'll find much better deals internationally from LNCC, OkiNi, and Matches - They also have a decent return policy, but its a little tougher doing returns internationally and a much longer wait on a refund, but oftentimes, ironically, they usually have the fastest shipping. Finally, I would also suggest just calling RO NY as they have a great selection and knowledgable staff that can help you with measurements, email you pictures, etc and take phone orders. Their prices are usually in line with what others are charging.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Well ppl talk about RO all the time but I only started the thread in the summer as i got more into his stuff. Honestly was surprised we didnt have one already.

Yes @thekunk07 i am looking at you :tongue:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015

14. mzez

mzez Senior member

Can i get a legit check for these ramones? Been getting told they are fakes, just bought em off grailed and the seller hasn't shipped yet. They are reverse leather mainline ones (or are suppose to be). Toebox looks a bit off after it was pointed out to me.

Didn't really take too quick a look at them, didn't know they made fake ramones in the first place. Re-porter sold the same version http://re-porter.ca/graveyard/heavy-reverse-leather-ramones-trainer/, I guess my biggest concern is that you can't see the shark teeth on the soles from the first pic, although that just may be that the angle isn't low enough

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015