• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

HeavenResign

Reaction score
Aw, I imagine most people go tts so I'm a 44. Really tempted to just pick it up I have a schott 626 but the ro really feels like something I would wear and be a part of me but I'm a stickler about wanting heavy calfskin or cowhide in a jacket so this one just seems perfect to me

signed

Reaction score
I have a stooges that is tts, and the fit is really tight. In fact, its so tight that i Would reccomend sizing one up. However, all men are different and i strongly suggest trying before buying. As it stands, i seldom wear my ro (just took it lot since i found the threads on here) due to my percieved notion (and fear) of it being too small.

Mine (calf) is rather thick compared to my other calf, which makes it feel rather rugged.

nycxandy

Reaction score
How often is the high or mid collar Intarsia released in some sort of black leather? It doesn't look like one was released for SS14 or will be released for AW14?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How often is the high or mid collar Intarsia released in some sort of black leather? It doesn't look like one was released for SS14 or will be released for AW14?

Not sure but there is a high neck bauhas and a mollino available in black on http://rickowens.eu

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was intrigued:
and then I saw the price tag: http://www.rickowens.eu/en/men/products/hu14f07043min-09 custom made! Also I think I've seen a high neck intarsia available somewhere every season. Can't remember all the places, but here's an eg: http://www.deepinsideinc.com/brand.php?brd_id=192
that jacket is made from mink so thats why the price is so high. remember the other year RO had alligator jackets $53925.

Last edited:

kevlovlevis

Reaction score

that jacket is made from mink so thats why the price is so high. remember the other year RO had alligator jackets $53925.

That gator jacket, the olive one, went down to $15k, size 48, my friend bought it, i think it's a reasonable price since the lining is also kangaroo leather

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That gator jacket, the olive one, went down to $15k, size 48, my friend bought it, i think it's a reasonable price since the lining is also kangaroo leather

let me know when he tries to re-sell it, i may be able to fit a 48. still 15k is steep...

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone can drop $15k on a jacket I doubt he'd care about reselling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads