1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior Member

Thanks, just fixed them/ added photos.

Would love to hear some insight between the first three which are the exploder with the hood and the last one which is the bomber with the hood.

2. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior Member

@Two Shoes There is no difference. There are no exploder jackets in the photos you linked. They are all the hooded bomber.

Again - people just sometimes call it the "exploder jacket" because it's from the "F/W 07 EXPLODER" collection and I suppose people liked the moleskin fabric iteration that the hooded bomber was produced in that year. Nowadays Rick rarely produces the hooded bomber in moleskin anymore.

The real exploder jacket is a completely different model see here:
    https://www.rickowens.eu/en/US/products/du14f4766nw-09
    - No hood as you can see

3. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior Member

Ahh, ok. Wow these collections/ naming conventions are confusing. That makes sense, though. The exploder is, indeed, an entirely different jacket.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

4. Melbush

Melbush Senior Member

Anyone who can identify this jacket? Yoox says calfskin

rick.jpg

5. itbegins

itbegins Senior Member

Stooges on Glamood in sz 50 and 54 for a good price but with no epaulettes. I don't know what happened... I can't get past the lack of epaulettes.

6. Bogmanfan

Bogmanfan Well-Known Member

What's happened with the epaulettes on this one? Was it produced like this, or was it a custom order that was never picked up? I actually quite like it this way. Just don't know if I can justify another RO leather.

7. gfmozart

gfmozart Distinguished Member

Any folks who have worn the 1st iteration of the Rick Owens x Birkenstock range? Any opinions on the suede Arizona in velour dust?

8. knathaniel

knathaniel Well-Known Member

My only opinion is I wish I had waited for all of these sale deals (I own the black fur ones). I didn't pay full price but all of the 1st iteration options are rad if you can get them for $200 or less

9. sometimesryan

sometimesryan New Member

Ordered a "Sysyphus double T-Shirt" from farfetch, received a Babel double tee with some kind of trash stuck between the layers.

Ever seen this before?
    [​IMG]

10. eloq

eloq Well-Known Member

kind happens sometimes in fabric production but very rare. return it prolly.

anyways, anyone know when the rickowens.eu sale would end or if it goes beyond the current 40%

11. Terra

Terra New Member

Can anyone help with sizing of the mainline flight jackets?

What size should I choose from the down filled mainline MU jacket, if a DRKSHDW MU bomber from Glitter was small in size L, but the raglan bomber from the same season with the same fabric was fine in size 52? The DRKSHDW one was tight in the armpit and small in the back.

12. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior Member

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

Leather is usually mainline. Drkshdw is denim and sometimes a denim item with some leather but I haven’t seen a full leather jacket outside of mainline.

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Stylish Dinosaur

15. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

Rick Birks are on my feet now. Love em. They're way-too-nice house shoes for me. I've actually got 2 pair (Dust Suede & wool felt) and am contemplating getting a black pair from Barneys later today. Look great, feel great, and they're assuredly more durable and longer-lasting than any designer sneakers I might have bought in their stead.

Just note they're on the narrow last if you're not used to that. Personally it works way better for my feet than the standard Birk last, but it might not be for everyone.

The new Rick Birks season is wild. The buckle stuff is a bit much for me, but I've gotta admit the boots look pretty fantastic on-foot. Way too bold for me to ever get a pair, but I dig em in the abstract.