1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Stylish Dinosaur

rick goes with rick. it's meant to be a uniform. sorry but it's true. like yohji

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

absolutely true, i know i'm going against his aesthetic but like the jackets...

3. thekunk07

yeah i know plenty of people who like the jackets, a stooges can go with anything for sure. but yes some designers have a singular vision while others can pair well together. mmm/dries/jil/raf can all work together well but rick, yohji, junya, even ann d are kinda meant to go together

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

5. AB77

AB77 Senior Member

IMO only certain body shape suits full Rick. First you need to be on the slimmer side, and height wise anyone around and under 5,8 need some tailoring for most of Rick stuff. The jacket, tops will be way too long and the pants like cropped Astaire need to be tailored, but then you will have problem with the silhouettes because of the dropcrotch. Also shoes like Geobasket, they look bad on shorter people.

Actually for me my fav Rick items are his pants, The Astaire cropped or full length is the best pants in term of tailoring IMO. Yohji pants is close second.

Jacket wise they always look cool, but I cant really say they are the most comfortable or suit my torso. The armhole always too high and sleeve too tight for the right size.

6. thekunk07

yes u have to size up which means the mid section will be too big to get the right armhole size. for some reason the blazers fit me perfect in a 56 and the pants in a 48 or 50.

7. AB77

AB77 Senior Member

Yes, I always size up, often I prefer the look of my true size but its just uncomfortable.
    That's some crazy ratio between top and bottom. For me, pants is 48 and blazer/ jacket is 50.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Rick Owens is like the other brand I wish I could just stock up on and wear (the other being Engineered Garments). If I had the money my closet would add in those two brands. To me Rick Owens is not too crazy, I dig the proportions and unorthodox silhouette his clothes create. TBH I think i you're in shape the clothes should not be too much of a problem, Rick Owens looks real comfortable...'think less, wear more RO'. I remember the old cream/beige/off white leather jacket I had, loved it even though it was sort of thin. I think if took things slower at the beginning, learned a little more about fit, perhaps there would be a respectable closet space dedicated to RO.

Kunk getting it! Wearing both RO and EG.

9. santaclara

santaclara Senior Member

I agree.

That's interesting you say engineered garments. That was my entry into "high fashion" and really the only other "high fashion" brand I wore before I got into and went full RO. I liked the EG silhouettes and thought they were really easy to wear. I mainly just stayed with the all black EG because that was already my aesthetic before getting into it. I still have a lot of respect for daiki's collections and still think back in fondness when I used to wear them daily, but no regrets in going full RO.

10. thekunk07

i still have a lot of e.g.