1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yeap so you can hang the jacket off your back, cool feature imo

2. JayFS

JayFS Senior member

Love the last two geos.

Rename this thread to "the official thekunk thread".

3. GarleyCavidson

GarleyCavidson Well-Known Member

@sinnedk glad you got the thread going!

I'll jump in and post pictures when I get back to my computer later on.

I sold my geobasket sneakers a few months ago because they had an entirely instructed for and were a size too big for me. But I'm thinking of buying another pair but I never know which have the reinforced toebox and which don't. Do you guys know anything about the structured v unstructured toebox?

1 person likes this.
  4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Glad to start it but kunk/nn kept it running esp kunk

5. ibringdoom98

ibringdoom98 Senior member

My contributions:

Left to Right: FW13 Plinth Hiking Boots, Turbo Geobaskets, Dunks in black/ivory colorway, Dunks from FW06 'Dustulator', FW13 Spiral Zip Boots, FW12 Combat Boots

[​IMG]

Waxed Exploder Bomber

[​IMG]

Strutter Tricolor Leather Jacket

[​IMG]

Stag Milk Geo Leather Jacket

[​IMG]

Pig Suede High Neck Intarsia

[​IMG]

DRKSHDW Waxed Denim/Leather Sleeves Jacket

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

it's to get stuck on your arms when you try to put the jacket on
    who carries a jacket by a strap?? i cut mine off

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

any idea on how thick the leather is?

I reckon this would not be an ideal jacket to wear unless you face some super cold conditions. And even then I think i'd opt for the heavy calf i just received with a thermal instead of a jacket with cashmere liner. Speaking for myself I don't think a cashmere liner is worth the cost difference between the reg stooges. Nevertheless, it is very cool idea.

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Fairly thick, I'd imagine about the same as the one you just picked up. And yeah, it's a cool idea, but true ballers/nerds only - the fact that it's non-removable kind of kills the jacket for a lot of casual wear. I wear my Stooges with a Patagonia down vest all the time, bit more versatile

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

you fit this down vest under a stooges? interesting! I assume this is super warm during the winter.

Do you mostly wear RO leathers? I remember you have an incarnation but haven't heard much about it.

12. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

The regular poofy one, actually. Compresses down, weighs next to nothing, keeps me warm.

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-down-sweater-vest?p=84621-0

[​IMG]

I have.... too many leathers. I've been meaning to sell everything but my Rick Stooges and MMM 5-zip, I don't like owning a lot of clothes, I don't think anyone needs more than two leather jackets. I also have a Dior FW07 4-pocket, Kazuyuki Kumagai DR, WJK horse A-2, Incarnation baby calf guidi, and a Rick Sternberg. Ugh.

That said, I do want to buy an intarsia mid in dark dust hammered lamb haha (the one Kunk posted on page one, if anyone has one in a size small or medium with 16.5 in shoulders and 19 in chest measurements hit me up!!). I like Rick leathers because they are comfortable and casual, very easy to wear with just about anything. A lot of the reason I like Rick in general, I have less and less patience for fitted clothing, I love the relaxed aspect of Rick's clothes.

1 person likes this.
  13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Damn, pretty ballsy to wear a RO with a vest like that, I would not have thought of that. Looks really cool man.

Thats quite a leather jacket collection. I think i am a size larger, my TOJ which is fitted measures 17.5 shoulders and 20.5 chest but RO chest/shoulders usually measure less and I fit them fine.

Currently i have 4 leathers 2 of which are RO stooges. I am not sure if i will sell one of the stooges yet. Hoping to find a way to wear them.

I agree RO is generally easy to wear unlike MTO leathers that are super stiff. My general thought is where RO sometimes lacks quality he makes up with cut and design. Which is why I like my Plinth stooges because its a bit lighter than my other jackets and easy to wear.

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

The step dance video, pretty neat presentation

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

17. joewood

joewood Well-Known Member

I feel this thread is a bit late or maybe I'm not into this kind of fashion anymore.

Down vest under a leather jacket is sometimes useful. It does not good though.

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Well yes this thread should of happened earlier but i don't think its late. SF only recently started the CCP thread. This genre of clothing is niche and takes longer to get traction. Also your tastes may have changed but others haven't. Until RO stops making clothing we can have a thread.

Keep following maybe something will catch your eye sometime.

19. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

My wife in Rick (stolen from her stupid instagram)
    She hates spending money on clothes but she'll put it on if I buy it and lie about the price

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    10 people like this.
  20. lewin24

lewin24 Active Member

If someone take a screenshot of the "stupid" comment and post it on your wife's instagram......guess someone would be sleeping on the couch or in the bathtub tonight. But who would do that?

3 people like this.