***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

Yep and both of those were 'sold out' from the beginning. They were never for sale, just bait.

I also mainly get Rick from ssense, farfetch, etc usually on sale. Been really wanting those leather cargo joggers on FWRD though...

2. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

Yep I just got great deals on basic tees, pods, and cropped pants all through Farfetch - all staples I needed to refresh.

Also picked up the FW16 cargo joggers from gra!led and they easily became my favorite pants to wear with dunks/sock sneakers/y-3 qasas.

3. gunnerpunk

gunnerpunk Well-Known Member

I have the FW16 Mastodon Denim (SB is the fabric code) version with black hardware and I am also selling the FW17 BA version with silver zips and the added pull tabs. The ones you looked at probably were being sold by a different seller since I make no mention of them being heavier than SS17. What I can tell you is that it's a pretty substantial fabric. It's definitely not thin jersey where it feels like it's fragile and going to tear easily. It's actually a great pair of pants.

Here's my listing in case you were interested:
    https://www.ebay.com/listings/2764004-Rick-Owens-Cargo-Jogger-Jog-Pants--Listing-for-1-Week-

It's the same one as these http://www.fwrd.com/product-rick-owens-cargo-jog-pants-in-black/RICK-MP38/

I wasn't sure if I needed both the FW16 version and the FW17 so I'm listing it for a week, otherwise, if it doesn't sell, I'm thinking of keeping them.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017 at 9:57 AM

4. Sym

Sym Senior member

Anyone own Rick Combat Boots? Thoughts?

5. santaclara

santaclara Senior member

Thanks. Also thanks for the fabric/material/color guide a few pages back, I know you said you didn't make it, but I had never seen that before and I have referenced it quite a few times since downloading it.

6. AB77

AB77 Senior member

So true, I found plenty of bargain at Gilt, you just have to be patient and check the site regularly and they keep dropping the price if the item doesn't sell. Recently I bought the Tux/ scarf blazer for FW2015 for $280! and the last 2 cropped Astaire I bought was around $220 each.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017 at 10:21 PM

7. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

I own a pair of goodyear flex's and anfibios. I love them both and I think if you can manage to find some goodyear flex's on sale you should totally go for it. Rick has some of the best combat boot designs imo

8. Sym

Sym Senior member

I'm looking at the Low Army which I think is the same as the Goodyear Felx? How is the quality and sizing?

9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Welp, since people are talking about sales and deals and shit has anybody seen a pair of the cropped drawstring pants in a 50/Large? Black wool pref.

10. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

Yes those are the goodyear flex boots. These are the ones I have: https://www.rickowens.eu/en/US/products/ru15f7861lrms-78

So I can only speak to the quality of the suede ones, but the leather is very thick and has a pretty soft inner lining (I'm not sure if there's a diff between a SS and FW boot) and color is amazing. It's that calf leather so obviously gonna be a little stiff at first, but holds up well. Plus you know side zips so you don't ever have to bother with the laces which is nice. Also just my opinion but I think they look better if you're on the taller side.

I would say go TTS or maybe .5 down. Would probably be fine using your geobasket sizing.

I don't think there's any suede ones this season :( Those violet horse leather ones look crazy though

11. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

The combats I have tried on were TTS, but the last is roomy. So it is possible going down a half size could work for some folks.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

these are much nicer than expected
    123.JPG

13. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Thanks @eglbc but I think the ones I'm after are the drawstring Astaire. I should have been more specific, I don't know if the Astaire usually come with a drawstring version or if it's a new iteration or what but the current season ones were like $900 at barneys when I was there last week. I was seconds from kopping but then I wouldn't have been able to eat for the next two weeks.