1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. AB77

AB77 Well-Known Member

Tried the new Rickdidas, its half size smaller IMO. Its so comfy, if you take off the insole you can see the boost component.
    The sock is better looking than than the lo top.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. Ksi01

Ksi01 Member

Can anyone help me out? A friend of mine is staying in MI until Friday (he goes back to Mexico on saturday). I would really like a pair of ramones.
    Anyone have any idea where can i get a pair of drk shdw ramones for a good price and where i could get express shipping ? (so i could send them to my friend before saturday).

I've only found Farfetch but they say it would take 2-4 days for express shipping and i dont want to take any chances (in the case they take alot to dispatch my item).

3. dadameemo

dadameemo New Member

Anyone got fit pics of the rickdidas mastodon pro? Trying to justify paying 400$ for a pair of adidas.

4. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

I haven't taken photos in mine yet but there are a bunch on instagram. They are a really unique silhouette, so gigantic that they absolutely dwarf ramones, and the materials are pretty nice. The cracked leather is way cooler and the colorways are much better than the smooth versions.

5. RaraAtTea

RaraAtTea Member

Im eyeing on a pair too myself, are they a one time thing? or will they be recurring every other season?

6. eloquent

eloquent Member

Anyone run with the new rick adidas runners? Want to know if they are as light, and as comfortable as adidas' regular boost running shoes.

7. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

It looks like a more minimal Pro is coming back without the three stripes or side branding. I only saw all white and black & white, none of the cracked leathers with the taupe soles.

8. AB77

AB77 Well-Known Member

See my previous post, I tried on the socks & low top. They are light & has boost inserts but obviously they are NOT ultraboost comfy but they are probably the most comfortable of all RO shoes.

One problem is the cost, i think $1K for shoes that made in china is steep.

9. Ksi01

Ksi01 Member

10. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

It looks like they have the pink stained soles, so probs legit but factor in that they have pink stained soles.

11. Ksi01

Ksi01 Member

Damn didnt notice that. Are pink stains r staining in general common on rick owens? Is that fixable? I got them for 600 shipped, not worn.

12. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

It only happened for a couple seasons. It's not fixable. That's an average price for this without the stains, I would probs return or make a dispute to get at least a couple hundred back if you can live with the stains.

13. Ksi01

Ksi01 Member

That is such a bummer, i could barely notice them in the pictures.
    What would a fair price be?

14. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

It's hard to say. I would personally just return. Fair price would be like $300 IMO, but I'm sure the seller wants more than that. It's less noticeable when they get a little dirty and beat up.

15. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Anyone have experience with metallic calf RO jackets? Almost at the point of making the purchase but it's a peculiar leather that is difficult to judge by photos on a screen... @sinnedk @thekunk07 any help maybe?

16. Ksi01

Ksi01 Member

Well i'm gonna try to lower the price or i'll refuse the package when it arrives and just ask for a refund.
    I don't mind the pink that much, but with the price i payed.. doesn't feel so fair.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  17. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Was looking at pics of the Mastodan Tubeway coat. Anyone have this coat? Opinions on it and perhaps fit advice? Size up or TTS? Thanks in advance.

18. gustavobradley

gustavobradley Senior member

I only tried it on in the cotton blend material, but I can give you my first impressions. I would go with the wool version if you can, I found the cotton too stiff and structured for my liking. Fit is pretty typical of Rick (although I found Mastodon outerwear a little slimmer than normal), meaning size up unless you're rail thin and don't want to layer under it.

2 people like this.
  19. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Thanks for sharing @gustavobradley. I am considering the 100% wool version and agree that would be the way to go.

Do you have any idea if the Tubeway is a recurring model or a one time style? I already bought the Mastodan long trench bomber (and love it). So just trying to decide if I should go for the Tubeway now or pace myself for another season.

20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Sorry bro, I don't