1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

That leather bomber looks great.

2. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

Italist also has a mollino in "lvs"; looks like it's sueded from the pictures but the description doesn't say anything about that. Anyone know?

3. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

LGW(M) is heavy washed calf. LGI is glass lamb

1 person likes this.
  4. Sym

Sym Senior member

Good to know. I've been avoiding any leather with a "G" because I thought they were glass.

5. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Glass/Glass Ice/"thin" lamb is not exactly something inferior or something to be dismissed. I assume most of us aren't going to be riding bikes or getting into bar brawls in Rick Owens leather jackets. They are fashionable and I suspect most of us will care for them. I find the Glass Ice leather to be very pleasing to the touch and--yes--it is thinner than some other makeups, but I don't find that shorthand for "this is bad." It's just a different style.

6. scanner

scanner Senior member

Glass Ice is garbage and looks like some trash bag leather jacket you'd find from one of Macy's in house brands.

3 people like this.
  7. Sym

Sym Senior member

:cheers: Lamb is typically thin enough as is. Personally see no point of owning an even thinner variant. I'm glad it has its place and that someone is buying it, just won't be me :rotflmao:

8. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Eh. Garbage bag = Moncler jackets. IMHO glass ice is just a thinner offering that (obviously) doesn't appeal to everyone, but we could say the same for all the "treated" jackets most of us lust after, i.e. hammered, blistered etc. I've actually seen photos of hammered lamb that make it look like wrinkly plastic. Different in person, of course.

Also: I assume nobody's paying retail for any of this as a matter of course.

R(i)ck on.

9. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

/LG is the older Grain Lamb, which is very thick and has a cool texture. It's just /LGI that is the glass ice everyone hates.

10. hasan19

hasan19 Member

Hi guys I posted I short while back saying I only stumbled upon his designs when I seen someone wear a stunning jacket at the airport and when asked what it was he replied rick owens. Since then I have been on the hunt for his jackets which some very helpful members were able to name it for me ( i think mountain shearing) . I have managed to find on sale and once again please asking for your guys experience and knowledge in this area. Someone has listed the jacket I want and I was wondering what would be a reasonable offer I could make for it. I am sure you guys are well versed in the market value of his items so I didn't want to make a cheeky offer before asking. Picture of jacket for sale below and as you can see condition is apparently good from the seller description. Thanks in advance .

[​IMG]

11. hasan19

hasan19 Member

12. hasan19

hasan19 Member

sorry guys the original picture is not displaying

13. hasan19

hasan19 Member

14. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

Shearlings tend to go for a little more than other leathers and are more rare. Giving a quick look at grailed's sold Rick leathers and ctrl+Fing shearling, it looks like $800 on the low end, $1200 average, and $1600 on the high end. If it's exactly what you want and the measurements are right then you should factor that in.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  15. hasan19

hasan19 Member

okay thanks for that, so looking at the jacket as you can see condition doesn't seem to bad and it seems to be my size an offer of about $900 should be reasonable? thanks

16. hasan19

hasan19 Member

and as you say they seem to be extremely rare for some reason maybe produced in very limited quantities? the last one I found on sale was about 1 year ago! the thing is to not lose a sale the offer should be quite good? thanks

17. hasan19

hasan19 Member

and thanks for checking sold prices for me

18. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

That's a good starting point but if it's what you really want then ending up at $1200-1400 wouldn't be crazy.

19. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

Though your counterparty won't know how much you really want it.

20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

ok so given the above information, what is the guy asking for the jacket, i don't think you mentioned that. One thing to note is if you give too low of an offer that may piss some ppl off.