• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Retailer Appreciation Thread

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
I have noticed a lot of threads supporting shop both brick and mortar as well as online shops. I have been hunting for a solid supplier for WWM, EG, EG Workaday, Tricker, Alden and W&H. Their are many that support these lines but not in the depth that The Bureau does in my opinion outside of say Nepenthes for WWM and EG, Roden Gray for W&H, and maybe Sole in Hawaii and Cali for Trickers and Alden. I was looking for a one stock shop for all these brands. I do know Context offers these lines but don't feel their offerings or buys are as good as The Bureau.

I decided last week to do a serious update to my wardrobe and was on the hunt for a few pieces from WWM, EG, EG Workaday and Trickers. I decided to take a look at The Bureau's page. After a few emails back and forth to Gareth about sizing I decided to drop the bomb. I ordered and realized I mis-ordered. I emailed away. Withing minutes I had a response back saying they would fix my error. I then realized I dont have a winter jacker that fits me, I then felt the need to purchase a new jacket, decidedly so I emailed away and once again I had a super quick response and was told they would hold my order till I was ready to purchase said jacket, then they even offered to go above and beyond and offer me something that was not listed on the web page at that moment in time. I was shocked. I took the offer with a smile.

This is my experience so far and I hope to have many more just like this with the guys over at Bureau Belfast. If you guys do not mind please share your experiences with The Bureau here both good and bad and Im expecting more good then bad, unlike my poor experiences with Roden Gray, but I will save that for another post!

Fire away boys........

P.S. No i am not an employee or a friend of theirs nor was I put up to this in any way shape or form. I am just very content with the service I have received thus far.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They're alright, I've emailed and they've always been very helpful. Only problem was that they stopped responding when they saw I was holding off on buying something. They told me vat would be reduced and they'd mark the package down and that was great but when it was xmas time and I asked about their sale my emails went ignored. I'd say at least 3 of them and these were the last 3 I sent consecutively whereas before they were very responsive. As soon as I mentioned the sale and how I was going to cop, nothing. Sure enough the sale was a week later and what I wanted sold out. Kind of upset about that so I'll give them another chance but the situation reeked of a slight bit of greed. My experience with most retailers in uk is like this too, seems like it's in the culture there.

Atleee

Reaction score
If you asked if some specific items went for sale, I would think it is normal not to tell whether or not they would be on sale. After all they want as much profit as they can get.

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guys at The Bureau are great. It's my local shop, so I might be biased...and get better service as they know my face...but they always go above and beyond to sort me out, and will respond to emails quickly and helpfully.

Just as the sale started I emailed to say I was looking to buy a few things but was holding back until the painter pants went on sale. They emailed back to say the painter pants wouldn't be on sale as they are an all season item, but would do 25% off on them for me anyways.

I was actually in the store earlier today, just to pick up Inventory. Took it up to the counter, and just as I reached for my wallet, was told not to worry about it and to have a good new year. Little touch, but very nice and unnecessary, but the type of thing that makes you feel valued and coming back for more.

I will go out of my way to shop at the bureau. Sometimes they are a little more expensive, and take a few weeks longer to get stock in, but they are an awesome store and the guys are really friendly and passionate.

xianqi

Reaction score
guys at bereau are very good.

but they don't accept paypal payment.

i think paypal is the secure way to make any payment online '.'

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry dudes, I'm going to have to change the title of this thread, and open it up for discussions of retailers in general. I let the Tres Bien Shop and Stel's threads stand for historical and personal reasons, but we can't have appreciation threads for non-affiliate retailers. I have no issues with a general thread on the topic, however. Actually, I quite like the idea.

Re, Bureau, I like it, though I prefer the selection at Coggles more, for shops in the same category. All these are listed in the official online shops thread, btw.

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
They're alright, I've emailed and they've always been very helpful. Only problem was that they stopped responding when they saw I was holding off on buying something. They told me vat would be reduced and they'd mark the package down and that was great but when it was xmas time and I asked about their sale my emails went ignored. I'd say at least 3 of them and these were the last 3 I sent consecutively whereas before they were very responsive. As soon as I mentioned the sale and how I was going to cop, nothing. Sure enough the sale was a week later and what I wanted sold out. Kind of upset about that so I'll give them another chance but the situation reeked of a slight bit of greed. My experience with most retailers in uk is like this too, seems like it's in the culture there.
What they did for me out of random was as such, I emailed Gareth about the WWM Sportsman and it's fit and finish. I stated I might want one. He then told me it would be going on sale end of the week and that he would extend the sale amount, stop my shipment from leaving and give me the sale price now and toss the item in with my order no problems. Contradictory to what JET had to say. None the less I have NEVER EVER had a retailer do as such. Now for my OFFICIALY RETAILER UN-APPRECATION POST, I actually had Roden Gray do the exact opposite of what The Bureau did. During their summer/fall clearance, I ordered a parka which they told me measured as such and when I got it it didn't match in measurement and I also asked if this would be going on sale any further then it's already marked down price from where it was sitting at for months and they said no. I then pulled the trigger and 3 days later it was marked down even further. Then over the Xmas holiday I was waiting on a Wool Fleece blazer to go on sale that I specifically asked for measurments roughly a month beforehand. I had the email. Compared my sizing and went with the L which was perfect for my size. I am a medium in EG & WWM and thinking that W&H runs small that this would work. It goes on sale. I order. I receive it. Low and behold the sizing they gave me of a 21" chest is actually a 23.75"!!! Now they refuse to do anything about it cause it was "final sale" yet they gave me incorrect specs. I wouldnt of ordered that size or at all if I knew this wasnt going to fit. So now what to do?

gwydion

Reaction score
I've sent Roden Gray a few emails with various questions but never got a reply once. I gave up with them, lol.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i have also not really had awesome experiences with RG. I had a situation where I made a mistake in ordering, (i purchased items from the webshop on my ipad, which didn't register the size when i added it to the cart, resulting in me getting three smalls instead of XL's). They wouldn't hold the XL stuff for me while I shipped the other stuff back, they made me pay for shipping both ways, and they were just generally not really nice about it. Then they wouldn't refund my money, gave me store credit. Then I placed my order using the store credit and they didn't fill the entire order, but they didn't tell me about it until I received this order.

I understand that the mistake was mine. I just compare that experience to, say, Epaulet, and it's vastly different. Everyone always has good things to say about them though.

baba booey

Reaction score
I won't name any particular store in my gripe since they are a sponsor, but what is everyones experience with having a somewhat large order shipped without insurance?

I recently placed an order over $600 with a store in the U.S. via UPS. At the time of checkout I only had a few options on shipping which were all through UPS and no mention of insurance. I decided to go with standard ground shipping. Long story short...my package shows as delivered but I never received it. I checked with neighbors and had UPS do a tracer...nothing. I am not sure if it is lost, delivered to someone else, or stolen from my porch. The retailer won't take any responsibility at this point and neither will UPS. I am left battling this out with my credit card company to recoup the $600. I have had items delivered from other retailers and most place their own insurance on the item to cover their ass. Isn't it also the responsibility of the merchant to offer insurance at the time of checkout or automatically pay for insurance? They won't even file the measly $100 I am entitled to through UPS since the package is not in my hands. Bad experience all the way around but a merchant cannot simply wash their hands of items once they leave the door and put full responsibility with the shipping company.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Atleee
If you asked if some specific items went for sale, I would think it is normal not to tell whether or not they would be on sale. After all they want as much profit as they can get.
Everything posted after your post indicates otherwise however I did not receive that from the Bureau. I'd like to know the name of the shop as well.

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Yo, just say who it is. Sponsors aren't immune to criticism here, nor should they be.
My credit card company issued me a provisional credit for the amount and they are investigating. I would rather not stir the pot with a sponsor until the case is sorted out. I more or less wanted opinions on retailers that offer the insurance option or retailers that purchase the insurance themselves on larger $ items. I have never owned a business like that, but the philosophy of not taking any responsibility once it leaves the door is somewhat wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads