• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Pre/Post Brooks Brothers Christmas Sale

NachoBroadway

Reaction score
I just left the Madison Ave store and they currently have the Regent suit on sale at 2 for $800, $400 a piece. Salesperson mentioned that they are phasing out the Brookease to replace it with the Regent.

Also most of the merchandise in their Outlet stores are 40% off. The 346 suit can be had for $216 or $195 with the mall's 10% vip shopper club coupon.

I know everyone is looking forward to the after Christmas sale, any idea on typical suit prices?...

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the catalog today in the mail but have seen it in the store last week. 1818 suits are 30% off,Peal shoes are 25% off. Cordovans are $50 off
ffffuuuu.gif

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were there discounts on the other 1818 suits?

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not phasing out brooksease for regent. regent refers to a cut.

Phasing out brooks ease for suiting essentials, in which OTR comes in the Regent cut, but you can also order it cut in fitz milano or madison as well.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
I got the catalog today in the mail but have seen it in the store last week. 1818 suits are 30% off,Peal shoes are 25% off. Cordovans are $50 off
ffffuuuu.gif

<yawn>
dozingoff.gif

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just called the local store - she said the only sale on suits was 30% off and that doesn't begin until after christmas, that would put the cheapest 1818 suit at ~$630. Maybe the 400 per suit you saw was just for that store?

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK I called the corporate site. Cheapest suit for the holiday sale is $698 and I think that's the Madison. The $400 is with suit separates, jacket being 220ish and trousers 150 or something. Why would the separates be so much cheaper? Are the of inferior quality?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heres the real reason. The outlet suits use a wool lastol blend. DOW chemical the maker of lastol is stopping all production so that means that the outlet suits will not be made anymore. So they are moving the separates the the factory division and the current outlet suits will be phased out. its gonna take about 6 or so more months but im sure they are trying to clear stock. BB bought enough fabric to make only one more years worth of factory suits so when that runs out its gonna be the current brooks ease line in the factory stores.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rugger
OK I called the corporate site. Cheapest suit for the holiday sale is $698 and I think that's the Madison. The $400 is with suit separates, jacket being 220ish and trousers 150 or something. Why would the separates be so much cheaper? Are the of inferior quality?

Yes

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and also hes right they are of far inferior quality in my experience. Also the factory stores product is garbage as well. If it says 346 avoid.

except the chinos they are basically the same

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, much of the 346 product is fine, at least as far as sweaters, sportshirts, ties, and the like. I have a few polos from both the main line and from 346, and can't even tell the difference.

For suits, dress shirts, et cetera, the difference in quality is much more obvious.

Johnny24

Reaction score
I was at the Brooks factory store in MD over the weekend. As par for the course it was loaded with "346" line stuff.....Which is not SF approved but if you are looking for your only suit or just starting out, there are worse places to build out with your warbrobe starts than Brooks 346, given the prices.

They had 40% off everything in the factory store and that means if you know what you look for you can find some deals. I walked out of there with six retail store ties and three pairs of retail store socks for about $220.00

The ties were as follows:

Golden Fleece, Navy blue and white polka dot (think English style, not gaudy) orginally $125.00, down to $59.99 with another 40% off.

Brooks Bros. Royal Stewart Tartan Slim originally $75.00 marked to $49.99 with another 40% off.

Brooks Bros. Solid Repp, Rust Brown(ish). Marked the same as the Royal Stewart for price, and it goes very well with a Glen Plaid Hickey Freeman suit that I picked up with a faint brown stripe running through it.

Brooks Bros. Slik Knit square ends, same as the the above tartan and Repp price, one in lavander, one in a pale green, and one in navy with a light blue "dot" that looks like this pattern up close http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-pi...ilk-tie-1.html

They didn't have much in the way of other retail store items in there outside of the tie table and the socks, bar a few shirts but they were not my size. All in all they it was a great find from a tie stand point. They had a decent amount of other ties from the retail line, most in patterns or designs that I liked but were not "kick myself later for not buying it" ties. I am going to go back after X-mas and see if a couple are still there even though they were not as high on my "must have" lists.

If anyone is near that store, they have a few cashmere ties in there that are very nice. I would have snagged them but I didn't think they would get a lot of use. Check the back of the tie table to the left if you go.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with those who don't like the quality of the 346 stuff. I got a couple dress shirts at the factory store in Auburn Hills, Michigan which is the closest one to me a few years back and was thoroughly unimpressed. I got two pair of gabardine trousers there as well and they just feel cheap compared to the ones I've gotten at the non-factory store. The only decent purchase I have made there were some socks and a parka that I got there last winter for about $80. Other than that, they always have pretty awful stuff - I never see any mainline merchandise at that location. Though they are about to have a pair of black Peal & Co. medallion captoes that I am going to return there during my lunch today...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads