• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry just to clarify, if I am a 33/34 generally, but buy 32 in the likes of APC/Acne denim, buying 34 in Ervell is ideal?

There's the formal trousers in 34 on the Ervell site which I've been eyeing off.

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, Ervell sizing...

At this point, the majority of my wardrobe is Ervell but sizing has been a roller coaster for me.

Speaking of which, I'm about to put the distressed silk club collar shirt with hidden placket up on the market, barely used (1 wear, let me know if you're interested!!!!). It was an XS. I gambled on it, usually being between an XS and S in Ervell. It was just a little small in the chest (I've been "beefing" up). It is pretty much the most beautiful Ervell shirt ever made. I had to switch to a medium for that shirt. The pants have been a mix for me as well.

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 1 Ervell item (posted above), and am an L. :)

zzzzap

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the pleated pant fit? I'm eyeing the marine tropical pair...

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read this older review of an Ervell show. The critic said he was "too focused on functionality."

Dude, **** off.

Feji

Reaction score
Regular fit, i shrank mine in the wash so it would fit. Main problem was long sleeves, prewash.

Feji

Reaction score
Yes, went with navy/medium. Suffered one small pull during the shrinking process, which sucks...but I was able to fix it pretty easily. The knit is pretty delicate since its 100% pima cotton.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience with ervell pants sizing is that they're about 1" smaller than tagged.

afixedpoint

Crossfit
Reaction score
Anybody own the field coat from this season? Already have a sierra designs mountain parka and a veillance field jacket, might be an impulse buy

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to thumbs up that, and hate the fact that it was too small for me at the same time. Still desperately want last season's in a small, that gray was so nice

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was the grey one. I loved the one I had before that too in waxed cotton. I'd say the field coat is a solid piece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads