1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Senior member

Anyone caught the blue fisherman sweater anywhere in Europe?

2. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

Just stopped by Independence in Chicago today. Their Hyde Park location has a few Ervell pieces at 50% off - I saw a blue standard BD in Medium, light gray wool pants in 32, some jeans in 36, and a navy cotton/linen blazer in 40.

Thought someone here might be interested.

3. msg

msg Senior member

Tried on a pair of the standard pants today in blue fleck:

http://www.patrikervell.com/product/detail/pass/1116

I'm a 31 - there are no 1/2 sizes, so I tried the 30 and 32: the 30 was a bit too tight in the waist (although I could fasten the top button) and maybe slightly tight in the thigh. The 32 was big everywhere; the rise, in particular, was bad - looked drop crotch.

On Ervell's website, they point out the pant can be tailored up to 2" in the waist/seat. Wondering if I could make a 30 work, have it tailored to let the waist out.

Anyone tried this?

4. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Well if the 30 was only a bit too tight, and you can see on they garment itself that it could be let out, then why not!

5. msg

msg Senior member

I'm basing this off Ervell's website; if I believed everything I read on the internet I'd be making $400k while working only 30 hours a week. Not sure how to tell from the pant itself.

6. Feji

Feji Senior member

You can usually tell by looking at the construction along the waist/back side and seeing if there's extra fabric to be let out. Most pants/trousers are easy to take in or let out, Ervell pants (not jeans) are in the same boat. It is a pretty easy alteration and standard alteration to do also.

7. death shot

death shot Senior member

This can be done and will probably work for you. Just try...

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

The pants are actually made for this to be possible. That's why it is recommended on the website. fej is right about the construction, just look at the inside, or have your tailor look at the inside.

The aviator fits slim but not tight. It's a nice slim pattern that is friendly to all body types.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  9. stillmadeit

stillmadeit Active Member

lWhat do you guys think of the aviator?
    [​IMG]

Going between that and the collegiate. which should I kop? Should I wait before paying full retail?

10. death shot

death shot Senior member

I have an aviator from a few seasons back and it is my favorite jacket. This season looks even better...

11. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Yup - that's nice stillmadeit. I am tossing up a TOJ or that Ervell aviator. [​IMG]

12. stillmadeit

stillmadeit Active Member

Is the leather aviator worth full retail? I see theres a less expensive version in navy

13. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

Somehow I find Ervell stuffs sold out at some specific sizes really quick and no other places stock them. I asked PE about stockist and they said they "still have one last unit" even though I saw that item was sold out for a whole week. lol. Not sure if they're really sold out or just marketing.

14. toothsomesound

The Webstore works just like any other store, there is a buy and a size run of items bought. Some items, they buy only one in each size. Sometimes they don't buy any in certain sizes.

1 person likes this.
  15. Andys89

Andys89 Active Member

Has anybody got this season or last seasons unstructured blazer? What's the quality like on these, worth full retail? How does the siszing work out?

16. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

nicely made. fits very slim in the arms. for the record i usually wear XS (34 in suit jackets) and took a 36 in Ervell linen check blazer from last season, fits nicely.

17. Wade

Wade Senior member

I bought the baseball knit from ss13 and I have to say I'm disappointed.

I wore it for the first time today and after 2 hours it's starting to pile a little at the back. I had a backpack on so that might've contributed a bit. It's a knit so I expect it to pile eventually but I didn't expect it to do so a few hours after wear. I guess it's strictly outerwear for me now

18. atcolv

atcolv Senior member

hey arw, know if the 3/4-sleeve baseball tees at the sample sale were ss14 prototypes or just unused samples?

19. whoopiepie

whoopiepie New Member

What do you guys think of the collegiate jacket? Anyone know how they fit?

20. toothsomesound

collegiate jacket is short and has a raglan sleeve so i would size up one unless you have very narrow shoulders and are a smaller dude. if you're 5'9 or over and would be a medium i'd size up. small guys could size up too for a nice slouchy look.

re wade that's very irregular. those really shouldn't pill at all, the weave is tight and smooth there's no reason for it to pill. what kind of backpack were you wearing?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013