• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

mcfly26

Reaction score
On another note- has anyone had any luck recently selling Ervell on the SF marketplace? Except for some key outerwear pieces nothing is really selling on Grailed for me, even in NWT condition. I would like to get everything to a good home but I don't want to take a bath on the price. Grailed is cheaper to sell on though

Is this phenomenon related maybe to the posts recently about PE not being stocked, etc, new collections being almost unwearable??

Just saw a John Cena CROCS advert on the SF landing page btw...

exactly what has been happening to me. Gained some weight and trying to sell 2 pieces but cant discount anymore or I better donate it haha

Samir

Reaction score
37" chest would be what size in Ervell unstructured blazers, 40? Finding a lot of conflicting measurements online.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got one of the grey club collar oxfords off Frances May for under $90 shipped and I'm still skeptical it will even fit me....

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
Just got one of the grey club collar oxfords off Frances May for under $90 shipped and I'm still skeptical it will even fit me....
the way the sizing is going it'll probably be oversized tbh

I'm not mad though - the newer oversized shirts (mostly the made in Portugal shirts) are incredibly comfortable summer shirts, just a bit billowy in the sleeves

Samir

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on an iron oxide and a S/S '12. These fit so much better than my shirts from his more recent seasons.

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
Womens Wear Daily just wrote a piece on Ervell this week - does anyone have a membership that can post the text? Tall order I know, and it's a paywall with a free trial that you have to give your information for.

Just wondering what the content was considering he's been pretty off the radar lately

mcfly26

Reaction score
i dont understand what he actually wants for the brand. a couple of windbreakers, long sleeve tees and some tweaked coats. im def lost as well

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
those nylon(?) shirts are definitely something different - interesting from a design standpoint but completely unwearable by a human (see also early - mid 90s Diesel)

I don't want any of this except maybe the shorter shorts

it was my understanding that people that dressed like the SS18 Ervell man didn't have money to spend on stuff like this - maybe I'm wrong

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
22.2in front length, 28 back. I'd rather give it another try for anything under $140. Mind you, I'm in Europe so that doesn't include shipping.

On another note, just bought the black stonewash jeans jacket w/ blue embroidery in Large. Couldn't make up my mind between the L and XL, then I actually checked and the XL was sold out anyway. So very curious.

How does the XL fit? Concerned with length and that it's not too baggy. Deciding between this and the APC denim jacket (I've owned the APC and know it fits)

Thank you!!

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
Not sure if I can solicit on here but hit me up if you have any Ervell in L or XL (outerwear) or XL (anything else). Trying to get my winter wardrobe where I want it

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really? at least it's something new, and definitely better than the garbage from the last couple years. the old basics weren't cutting it anymore, that's for sure

I'm very turned off by the last few years. I love his basics and staples, his outerwear, his one-offs, knits. I love Ervell 08-14 and still seek it out. It still dominates my wardrobe, which is almost entirely PE from this timespan. It was masculine and elegant. It looked very American, too.

The last few seasons are bizarre to me. They feel boyish and emasculated in a creepy way. It's a 180 for me.

Oh, btw, sell me you drop shoulder jacket if you have one, please.

This is Ervell to me (Giant dump, sorry): _ERV0201.1366x2048.jpg 2-0004023-6951.jpg 2-0004026-6807.jpg 556643-c3a8cc7076106b51fab76e01c23fd742.jpg 556644-902f77b6a4aba0fefdf946d7a26f097a.jpg file_4d63f9319b02b.jpg patrik-ervell-2010-fall-winter-5.jpg patrik-ervell-fall-winter-2013-campaign.jpg patrik-ervell-null-autumn-fall-winter-2012-nyfw7.jpg Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 11.22.01 AM.jpg tumblr_lzcasrHnbM1qgj6jvo1_500.jpg _ERV0201.1366x2048.jpg

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
I'm very turned off by the last few years. I love his basics and staples, his outerwear, his one-offs, knits. I love Ervell 08-14 and still seek it out. It still dominates my wardrobe, which is almost entirely PE from this timespan. It was masculine and elegant. It looked very American, too.

The last few seasons are bizarre to me. They feel boyish and emasculated in a creepy way. It's a 180 for me.

Oh, btw, sell me you drop shoulder jacket if you have one, please.

This is Ervell to me (Giant dump, sorry): View attachment 841740 View attachment 841741 View attachment 841742 View attachment 841744 View attachment 841745 View attachment 841747 View attachment 841748 View attachment 841749 View attachment 841750 View attachment 841751 View attachment 841752 View attachment 841755

Tried to send you a PM - there's a size L ballistic drop shoulder like the one you have above (after 2014 same as the pic) right now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads