• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody picked up a club collar oxford (standard shirt?) lately?
I want to grab one with the sale at Frances May but when I asked for measurements I got ignored. Same deal for selvedge denim.

John-Galt

Reaction score
I have a shirt and light stonewash jean from last season. The shirt fits slim throughout the body. Jeans are slim-ish in the thigh and loose past the knee. Let me know if there were any specific are you're curious about.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I had specifically asked FM and Ervell webstore about chest and shoulder on XL's (they said "fits normal"). And for denim I asked rise and thigh on a 34 and they didn't say anything.

John-Galt

Reaction score
I have a pair of 31 blacks from two seasons ago and a 32 light from last season. I can post the rise measurements in a bit and you can see how they compare to the ones listed online

mcfly26

Reaction score
what is going on there? no retailer has it, they webstore also nothing. when the season supposed to start selling?

John-Galt

Reaction score
Ervell is on hiatus for this summer season. Retailers will be getting his stuff in for FW.

ShoutOutsFoMyBo

Reaction score
the spring stuff is on the webstore, and from what i can see a few stores are stocking basics. fall winter stuff should be live in a couple months if ervell decides to go forward with the brand. personally i wish he'd just reproduce some of his greatest hits and keep a permanent collection going.

mcfly26

Reaction score
thanks. some stuff online already but nothing exciting.

edit: hmm dont like this idea of permanent collection in his case. Its a downward trend, but I still have faith in the brand somehow. This FW season was good imo

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is literally no mention of Ervell in that article

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
Kinda my point - both that he has always been way ahead of trends with his collections (to his detriment usually) and also related to the fact that the brand isn't doing well. Arthur Russell died penniless...

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get that that's what he's been doing for years, just thought the article would at least give him a shout out.

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
I get that that's what he's been doing for years, just thought the article would at least give him a shout out.
Sorry man misunderstood - yeah completely agree. His brand of NYC cool via Berkeley (or is it Berkeley cool via NYC???) has been out there for years. I can't imagine these recent releases can compete on quality though.

the bar none #1 most complimented item of clothing I have is the bottle green PE puffer jacket from 2 winters ago - I think it's a great combo of this gorp nonsense and quality. it's funny what people (especially women) gravitate toward, clothing-wise

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/patrik-ervell-quilted-puffer-jacket/4139885

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
On another note- has anyone had any luck recently selling Ervell on the SF marketplace? Except for some key outerwear pieces nothing is really selling on Grailed for me, even in NWT condition. I would like to get everything to a good home but I don't want to take a bath on the price. Grailed is cheaper to sell on though

Is this phenomenon related maybe to the posts recently about PE not being stocked, etc, new collections being almost unwearable??

Just saw a John Cena CROCS advert on the SF landing page btw...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads