• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably asked before but what shoes are the ervell models always wearing? Looking like postal oxfords but better.

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
-They are the Red Wing Postman shoe with a modification made by Ervell that features some type of windowpane treatment. (If you dig up one of the interviews with Nordstrom, he talks about it there.) I was obsessed with these shoes until I figured out they are pretty much designated for runway, with not much use value in an everyday context.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

-They are the Red Wing Postman shoe with a modification made by Ervell that features some type of windowpane treatment. (If you dig up one of the interviews with Nordstrom, he talks about it there.) I was obsessed with these shoes until I figured out they are pretty much designated for runway, with not much use value in an everyday context.

ah, interesting. I should just pickup a pair of red wing postmans then.

Samir

Reaction score
An minimally used moss field coat from F/W '13 hit $77 on Grailed so I took a chance on it. It came in today. Wow, it's impressive. All the details just seem so substantial - wool lining, impressive zipper and buttons, really comfortable outer material (almost like moleskin). The zip away hood can make the collar a little bulky for my liking so I'll probably rock it with it unzipped but that's my only complaint.

It reminded me that I need to get around to selling the F/W '13 navy collegiate jacket in M that unfortunately is a size too big for me. Just another quality item. Patrik makes (made?) some damn good clothes. Handling all this stuff today makes me wish I had a time machine to go back and splurge on his collections a few years ago (with a pit stop at 2012 for Baron Wells too - RIP).

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ervell has no value anymore on the secondary market. Lots of great stuff for cheap now

nf one

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with sizing of sweaters this past season?

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
The measurements for the sweaters make them appear fairly cropped compared with prior seasons that I am familiar with - sum good deals on shirt{ing} and other things on the PE site rn. If anyone is curious, the Workshirts are fairly relaxed compared to other Ervell shirts that I own, which is nice. I picked up the Heather Gray Cotton Flannel (which is different in texture than it is represented on the site.) The cut is longer in length and slightly looser all around than other PE shirts in my closet. It is also probably the softest shirt that I own. I also just bought the Standard Buttondown in denim with the club collar which appears to have similar measurements, but it has not arrived yet.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let
The measurements for the sweaters make them appear fairly cropped compared with prior seasons that I am familiar with - sum good deals on shirt{ing} and other things on the PE site rn. If anyone is curious, the Workshirts are fairly relaxed compared to other Ervell shirts that I own, which is nice. I picked up the Heather Gray Cotton Flannel (which is different in texture than it is represented on the site.) The cut is longer in length and slightly looser all around than other PE shirts in my closet. It is also probably the softest shirt that I own. I also just bought the Standard Buttondown in denim with the club collar which appears to have similar measurements, but it has not arrived yet.

Let me know what you think of the denim club collard shirt. I have a PE coupon code burning a hole in my pocket and was thinking of getting that.

nf one

Reaction score

The measurements for the sweaters make them appear fairly cropped compared with prior seasons that I am familiar with - sum good deals on shirt{ing} and other things on the PE site rn. If anyone is curious, the Workshirts are fairly relaxed compared to other Ervell shirts that I own, which is nice. I picked up the Heather Gray Cotton Flannel (which is different in texture than it is represented on the site.) The cut is longer in length and slightly looser all around than other PE shirts in my closet. It is also probably the softest shirt that I own. I also just bought the Standard Buttondown in denim with the club collar which appears to have similar measurements, but it has not arrived yet.

Yeah the official PE measurements are throwing me off. I found a japanese stockist with measurements that completely refute those, and most of the models on other sites are supposedly wearing their true size and don't look like they are much more cropped than prior.

I've only tried on this season's stonewash denim, and the fit was a good bit more relaxed than seasons past. Grrrarrghh inconsistent sizing!!!

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Yeah the official PE measurements are throwing me off. I found a japanese stockist with measurements that completely refute those, and most of the models on other sites are supposedly wearing their true size and don't look like they are much more cropped than prior.

I've only tried on this season's stonewash denim, and the fit was a good bit more relaxed than seasons past. Grrrarrghh inconsistent sizing!!!
If this is at all helpful, I think that model on the PE site is like 6'3, which is taller than normal, but that particular sweater in question (if it's the Pocket Sweater) appears still more cropped than other seasons that I am familiar with. The other thing to consider is that the weave is slightly loose, I believe, so there will be some drape. Go TTS, I say -- or size up if you want a slightly oversized fit.

Last edited:

nf one

Reaction score
Thanks for the input!

Just pulled the trigger cause the deal is too good to pass up on colors I want right now. I'll let you guys know how it works out, otherwise I guess I'll be testing out my American Express return protection hahaha

Arnold Grape

Reaction score

Let
Let me know what you think of the denim club collard shirt. I have a PE coupon code burning a hole in my pocket and was thinking of getting that.

Here is a quick pic of the Standard Buttondown in denim in XL, for the purpose of sizing (I am actually 6'4). The shot won't depict this, but there's slightly more volume in the chest than previous Ervell cuts and it's longer overall in length and arm length. The shirt is also slightly lighter in weight than other Ervell denim shirts I have tried, which will make it wearable through spring temps. The denim will likely shrink some, so that is also something to account for - hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads