• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm sure you guys know this by now but most ervell merch is 50% off on the webstore.

for some reason shirts are still 30% though, are they always stuck at that price?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have experience with the pants this season? i'll know soon enough on the 'jeans'. worried the hem will be a little small at less than 7".

afc345

Reaction score
Supposedly the jeans fit a little looser this season

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well damn. Good news first. The button collar shirt (medical blue) in size small is an awesome fit on me. I was concerned because of the small shoulder measurements (16.25") but it works. Really like it a lot. Very thin though, so beware of that.

But dude, the jeans..... damn are they small. I have kinda skinny legs and I pretty much wear 29's in most pants, but these 30's were frickin tiny. One of those things where right out of packaging, and without even trying them on I knew it was a no-go. But did try them on for just a brief second and indeed could barely even slide them on. Ridiculously...absurdly...slim (i hesitate to even use the word 'slim' as that normally suggests 'wearable') throughout in addition to a snug waist. I now have a good idea why they have a full size run at half off. The fabric is as thin as paper, probably weigh only a matter of few ounces. They would get wrinkled immediately upon wearing....and not a cool kind of wrinkled. So they're going back and I'm not going to be giving the Formal pants a shot as I initially intended.

the model wears the clothes incredibly well and looks so great....he must be a freak of nature with his body measurements.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you buy off the ervell site? if so...

Returns

Merchandise in saleable, unworn condition with all original packaging and tags attached may be returned or exchanged within 14 days of received date when accompanied by the original sales receipt and a return authorization number. After 14 days, all sales are final. No price adjustments. All sales final on discounted items.

:dozingoff:

Last edited:

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything is cut smaller this season. I was not able to fit in the xs crewneck sweat shirt. Need to size up.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yea the denim fits small as ****. like, I can fit a 32/33 in most denim, and a 34 was skin tight on me. could button it up but it looked atrocious. part of me wants to buy the 36 but honestly the jeans aren't even that nice..

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yea the denim fits small as ****. like, I can fit a 32/33 in most denim, and a 34 was skin tight on me. could button it up but it looked atrocious. part of me wants to buy the 36 but honestly the jeans aren't even that nice..

the jeans have always fit small (at least as long as I can remember)... I'm a 30 in pretty much everything but all 3 of my ervell jeans are 32s, and the teal jeans from last summer ran so small that even the 32 was too small for me (but the navy ones from the same season fit fine).

Also, I'd disagree about the jeans not being that nice...though some are definitely better than others. Once it gets cold enough out I basically live in the brushed cotton pair I have (so much so that the crotch has blown out :fu:)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the fabric seemed ok but i dunno, i like denim with some heft. i know it's a summer pant.. but still.. fabric seems meh.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the fabric seemed ok but i dunno, i like denim with some heft. i know it's a summer pant.. but still.. fabric seems meh.

? somewhat confused.... except for a couple rare exceptions ervell jeans are pretty much never denim...

whyme?

Reaction score
^ he's clearly lying. :facepalm:

this season sucked. but it looked so good on paper. still so disappointed in the fit of my horsehair aviator jacket. it's just NQR across the chest / shoulder / back. i can't even pinpoint why, but it sits well odd.

i don't understand why patrik can't get the jeans right. like the poster above i'm 29 almost across the board and 30 are like leggings on me, but fine in the waist. i just know should i size up i'll be doing better down the leg but not so the waist.

first time i've seen the ervell webstore drop to 50%. they're normally steadfast on keeping to that 30% mark. people must be catching on - buy the clothe, not the label.

onbeatontime

Reaction score

Any idea if this is true? I might kop a pocket knit.

not true on pocket knits, i've got a small from this season and it fits big - more like a medium. kinda hangs off me.

agree about what's been said, don't understand the aviator jacket fit. could have been such a great jacket and looks nice on the model but in person the thing is just odd.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not true on pocket knits, i've got a small from this season and it fits big - more like a medium. kinda hangs off me.
agree about what's been said, don't understand the aviator jacket fit. could have been such a great jacket and looks nice on the model but in person the thing is just odd.

Which one? I have regular pocket sweater from this season as well as one of the lightweight pocket sweaters and both run smaller than usual (though the lightweight version is longer).... they definitely don't run big. I'm usually a TTS small in most brands (and most of the ervell knits I already own from past seasons are smalls) and the small pocket sweater is almost too slim in the chest and the lightweight one fits me fine despite sizing up to a medium...

TL DR - listen to mellowfellow, he's right about the knits running small this season.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics