1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Let

Let me know what you think of the denim club collard shirt. I have a PE coupon code burning a hole in my pocket and was thinking of getting that.

2. nf one

nf one Well-Known Member

Yeah the official PE measurements are throwing me off. I found a japanese stockist with measurements that completely refute those, and most of the models on other sites are supposedly wearing their true size and don't look like they are much more cropped than prior.

I've only tried on this season's stonewash denim, and the fit was a good bit more relaxed than seasons past. Grrrarrghh inconsistent sizing!!!

3. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

If this is at all helpful, I think that model on the PE site is like 6'3, which is taller than normal, but that particular sweater in question (if it's the Pocket Sweater) appears still more cropped than other seasons that I am familiar with. The other thing to consider is that the weave is slightly loose, I believe, so there will be some drape. Go TTS, I say -- or size up if you want a slightly oversized fit.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  4. nf one

nf one Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input!

Just pulled the trigger cause the deal is too good to pass up on colors I want right now. I'll let you guys know how it works out, otherwise I guess I'll be testing out my American Express return protection hahaha

5. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

[​IMG]

Here is a quick pic of the Standard Buttondown in denim in XL, for the purpose of sizing (I am actually 6'4). The shot won't depict this, but there's slightly more volume in the chest than previous Ervell cuts and it's longer overall in length and arm length. The shirt is also slightly lighter in weight than other Ervell denim shirts I have tried, which will make it wearable through spring temps. The denim will likely shrink some, so that is also something to account for - hope this helps.

6. leeba

leeba Senior member

There is a FW15 Mechanics Jacket (S) in Teal (Maharam textile, no stupid pleather collar) on Grailed that is still one of the more impressive garments I've (briefly) owned. If Ervell fits your body type, it's definite bang for your buck. Quilted cupro lining is super nice and the Maharam textile is an amazing color. I believe it's 100% wool as well - which is nuts. That textile is some next level stuff. The cuffs run tight (surprise, surprise) and it's somewhat cropped - and I found the material slightly itchy where there wasn't a lining but I have a super low itch tolerance. If you don't have this problem + you have an 'Ervell' body type - get it!!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I've got $40 credit at ervell's webstore I'd sell for $30. I was sitting on it, but daddy needs some money.

8. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

couple new things on the main site. feeling the embroidered denim jacket.

9. ultrahealth

ultrahealth Active Member

10. mundieTRAINS

mundieTRAINS Well-Known Member

Looking for anything FW13 in forest print - sizes L and XL. my shirt jacket was stolen last year ugh. I never realized how many holes that filled in my wardrobe

Thanks

11. mundieTRAINS

damn just grabbed two shirts. Store credit or did they offer gift cards at some point?!

12. mundieTRAINS

13. mundieTRAINS

I have this in khaki and it's great. That price is insane!! I think the M65 trend got played out a bit by cheap knockoffs but ervells was always the best out there and I believe still looks good in 2017

14. mundieTRAINS

I think because he's had a couple of pretty bad seasons without anything wearable for grown men. Peak Ervell was FW13 for sure. I've got some stuff for sale and I've noticed they're not selling as well as they used to

15. mundieTRAINS

I'm going to make an educated guess that he's off the radar because of a few lame AF seasons. Also I think the truly great stuff tends to stay with its original owner

16. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

The standard button down shirts look much roomier this season (unless the models aren't actually wearing M's).
    I'm going to pick one up and see.
    I'm still hunting for anything and everything in the ocean print.

17. mundieTRAINS

There's a small button down on grailed now

18. death shot

death shot Senior member

As someone who's wardrobe is dominated by PE, and who has been shopping with him for almost a decade, I concur.

There have been some recent seasons that are childish, awkward, unattractive to me. It feels like an anti-sexual trend common of some Swedish brands. I just want the staples to remain in production and a more masculine feel to everything else. The annoying and obvious late nineties act lately isn't to my taste as baggy jnco jeans with sketchers isn't my thing.

On that note I've been desperate for one of the drop shoulder jackets. I can never find them in my size when they pop up (small).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  19. mundieTRAINS

Same - as I sell off some of my more adventurous menswear choices I find myself keeping most of the ervell for every season. The shirting be outerwear are just so effortlessly cool. Bottoms I usually do Simon spurr and have the taper tailored

Try being 6'1.5" about 195#. Even more difficult :(

1 person likes this.