1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I have had the same issue with fit of the shirts the last few seasons since he changed the sizing, too tight, especially in the waist, even some of the past few pocket sweaters had too much waist suppression for a knit in my opinion. I can't do the shirts anymore which stinks b.c I like his club collars...ah well.

2. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

xpost from recent purchases!!

3. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

Agreed, but it does beg the question of why specific designers webstores would not post the measurements for a two hundred dollar shirt? Given the vascillation of sizing in the past, the non existence of fit pics from other retailers, and the possible weeks wait time for some of these items I would probably steer clear of purchasing, too. Which sucks because there's more than one item I would be interested in buying.

4. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

I think it's less a specific choice and more a lack of manpower or something. Their site *does* have a section for sizing, it's just been broken since forever.

5. ultrahealth

ultrahealth Active Member

I've not found the staff to be responsive. Questions I've asked have received responses like "it's a size 40", which clearly does me no good. Last season I purchased four xl shirts. All four of them had different arm lengths measuring from 25.5 to 27.5. You can't list garment dimensions when there is no consistency.

6. msg

msg Senior member

I've kinda given up on Ervell. No one seems to stock his stuff this season, other than Nordstrom. The sizing is wonky. Even with the 30% I didn't see anything that excited me enough to roll the dice

7. Andys89

Andys89 Active Member

Anybody bought/tried on the winter puffer? What are your thoughts on it? Same as other Ervell pieces sizing wise?

8. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

TTS. Tight shoulder and cropped like most Ervell pieces.

9. zer0tails

zer0tails Active Member

Can anyone advise on whether the pocket sweater fits TTS? Looking to pick up the Grey F/W 15 version but can't find measurements of them anywhere.

Thanks

10. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

For what it's worth, the FW14 version fits true to size. Don't size up.

11. slick4life

slick4life Well-Known Member

Agreed. I just emailed them for measurements the other day and they got back to me the same day.

Also, FWIW, I bought two of the SS15 standard button downs and the fit is perfect for me. Details on the shirts are also great IMO.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  12. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

@VitaTimH you have the navy speckled suit from '13 or '14 right? How do the pants fit? Are they pretty slim or does the pleat give it some more room?

13. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

FW12, actually. I actually got the pants in a size up (not intentionally but because they were the only option available) and had them taken in in the waist and seat. I'd say overall it's slim straight like most other Ervell, definitely nowhere close to skin tight.

14. OccultaVexillum

Hmmmmm. Thank you.
    There's a pair of 34's on grailed that I would love to buy but he measures the thigh at 11" which seems like a no go. But measurements don't always tell the whole story.

15. Meis

Meis Senior member

Hmm. Which email did you send it to? I emailed the info@patrikervell one back on the 19th to get measurements for the pocket sweater and still haven't gotten a response...

16. slick4life

webstore@patrikervell.com

17. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

1 person likes this.
  18. slick4life

anyone have the track pants in cotton/wool crepe fabric? wondering about fit and feel of the fabric.

19. OccultaVexillum

Has anybody tried the selvedge denim from this season or last?
    I've been wanting to try a pair for a few years but they always looked too slim, they are starting to look looser and I don't know if that's reality or just models sizing up.
    I'm usually a 34 in bottoms, but there are 35's on the webshop. Any thoughts?

20. mythage

mythage Senior member

How do Ervell pants usually fit? I wear size 30 in W+H westpoint chinos and unis gio/gio skinny. Dunno if 30 in ervell will be a bit tight