• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it kind of varies item to item. Some of the prices are pretty similar, some (especially the true samples) are at a steeper discount. This is all from my limited experience using proxies though, others might have more information

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
people have reported 40% off retail do not know how to do math. everything is at 60% off retail or more. some things gets cut as the weekend goes.

more importantly, the best thing about the sample sales is seeing all of the stuff at once, you begin to understand the ideas behind the brand a little better. also runway samples, prototypes, weir done offs and things that didn't make it into the full collection are all available. lots of treasures. I've found many of my favorite pieces this way.

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sample items are all mediums and 32s. sometimes int the sampling process things come out a little smaller or a little bigger than intended. there will be older deadstock stuff too...

Last edited:

inmamy

Reaction score
people have reported 40% off retail do not know how to do math. everything is at 60% off retail or more. some things gets cut as the weekend goes.

more importantly, the best thing about the sample sales is seeing all of the stuff at once, you begin to understand the ideas behind the brand a little better. also runway samples, prototypes, weir done offs and things that didn't make it into the full collection are all available. lots of treasures. I've found many of my favorite pieces this way.
I wouldn't say that everything is at 60% off or more--I remember at the last one that there were definitely a lot of things (shirts, knits, outerwear) that was 40-50% off. But you're definitely right about the cool/wacky sample stuff that don't make it into stores.

atcolv

Reaction score

^ Sounds like the deals might not be that mind-blowing, based on comments about September's sale. A lot of 40% off stuff supposedly.

I wish I could wear more Ervell stuff but as a tall guy I'll just have to admire from afar.

things will be less expensive than last season's sample sale

atcolv

Reaction score

I wouldn't say that everything is at 60% off or more--I remember at the last one that there were definitely a lot of things (shirts, knits, outerwear) that was 40-50% off. But you're definitely right about the cool/wacky sample stuff that don't make it into stores.

too true, drew—and there's a lot lot lot at the sale this season. absolutely worth stopping in if you slept on something from a previous season or want a favorite in a fabric or colorway that never made it to production. also lots of nice sample pieces from ss14 available.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Debating if worth bothering Suddenlee. I need boring basics for work.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Kamakura got you covered for shirts...There's better basics if you want to stay within CM. Leave the SW&D casual wear for the weekend ;)

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those with experience with both this season's pocket sweater and shawl cardigan, I have read and it appears those who own both took the same size. I was just curious as to whether the fit of the cardigan (particularly in the chest and waist) was cut as slim as the pocket sweater or if it was cut a bit more loose to allow room for layering over say a button down?

This season's pocket sweater in small was a bit too fitted for my liking so I would have preferred to size up to a medium (but I couldn't find any available when I was looking), but I'm not sure if I should stick with a small in the cardigan or size up.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^Kamakura got you covered for shirts...There's better basics if you want to stay within CM. Leave the SW&D casual wear for the weekend ;)

Their pants are pretty nice as I recall.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sale stuff off website, thankfully still had link

Ended up getting the green formal pants as it wasn't worth risking it for suddenlee to find it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads