• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Field Coat The M fits infinitely better then the L I bought and returned last season.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ss2014 is up.

is it just me or is this season a miss for others? :confused: only see a handful of things i want...

maybe my expectations are too high given how great fw13 was

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stupid question but is it just me or does the cardigan have a more sort of formal vibe? I was thinking about getting one but something tells me it will work much better with trousers than jeans. Maybe it's the taped placket, or the button snaps, or maybe something else. I seriously need some good dark trousers. Maybe the way it it styled on the model is making me think this way.

Last edited:

mcfly26

Reaction score
is it just me or is this season a miss for others?
confused.gif
only see a handful of things i want...

hmm I really liked on the other hand. fw may had more timeless outerwear, but considering Im now living in a 40 degrees everyday tropical city...

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

is it just me or is this season a miss for others? :confused: only see a handful of things i want...

People say this every season about every single brand, especially during the release of spring/summer collections.

BTW What's the verdict on this season's collegiate jacket?

Last edited:

triton

Reaction score
The increased branding isn't to my taste. I know what year it is!

Last edited:

yesssir

Reaction score

Stupid question but is it just me or does the cardigan have a more sort of formal vibe? I was thinking about getting one but something tells me it will work much better with trousers than jeans. Maybe it's the taped placket, or the button snaps, or maybe something else. I seriously need some good dark trousers. Maybe the way it it styled on the model is making me think this way.

I own both a pocket sweater and a cardigan from this FW season and wear both with trousers, chinos, and denim. The taped placket on the cardigan is awesome and a nice touch. I don't think it makes the sweater any dressier. I'm actually thinking of picking up another cardigan since I love my olive one so much.

Grock

Reaction score
is it just me or is this season a miss for others?
confused.gif
only see a handful of things i want...

I feel the exact same way. Maybe it's because it's summer stuff or the tags/branding, but I don't see much I want.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I own both a pocket sweater and a cardigan from this FW season and wear both with trousers, chinos, and denim. The taped placket on the cardigan is awesome and a nice touch. I don't think it makes the sweater any dressier. I'm actually thinking of picking up another cardigan since I love my olive one so much.

Thanks that helps. Think I'll get a cardigan then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads