1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I have the boiled navy wool version and agree with Blackmaged that it is really great. It runs very slim though so be cautious of that. I am typically a US small across the board, but needed the medium for the right fit. I am also a medium in Ervell shirting so I sized up from my typical sizing for these as I size up from typical sizing for the shirt. Hope that helps.

2. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Senior member

Sorry, is it a personal code? Do you mind sharing?

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

code is PRIVATE30 was posted in sales alert thread.

pocket sweaters are big this season, not sure where you guys are looking or getting measurements...

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I tried them last season in a size small (my typical US sizing, although I'm a medium in Ervell tops) and it was too tight for my liking. Is the sizing more generous this season? I'm still inclined to think I would go with my shirt sizing and order a medium in lieu of my typical small even with current measurements.

5. Spazz

Spazz Active Member

So what's the lowdown here?

6. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Senior member

Anyone who can comment about the fit of the technical knit cardigan? Googling around doesn't help much. I'm an M in his knit cardigans but this one seems a bit more tailored.

7. TonyRoy69

TonyRoy69 Member

Can anyone confirm how light the medium wash jeans are this season? Are they the same every season? They look really dark on the webstore, was hoping for something lighter but not as light as the lightwash...

8. siotjieut

siotjieut Active Member

hey guys,
    should i go same size with apc petite standard for light wash selvedge denim?

9. msg

msg Senior member

Anyone pickup a pocket sweater? How'd you size?

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I just received a new season pocket sweater. I am pretty much a TTS Medium/38 nowadays and went with the medium sweater. It has a fairly loose and slouchy fit, which I like. I would suggest that if someone is looking for a normal to normal slouchy look they should go TTS, but for a slimmer fit to size down. They are very stretchy and seem like they would be pretty forgiving if you did decide to size down. No regrets at all with my medium... wearing it right now and really like it.

Also like the fact its a little looser so I can easily wear a button down underneath without it being uncomfortable. Normally I only wear short sleeve button downs under sweaters but this one definitely room to layer comfortably.

First pocket sweater (and Alpaca sweater for that matter..) so some quick thoughts..

- heftier than I was expecting... it has a little weight to it.
    - despite the heft, it has a fairly loose weave in which you can see through when you stretch the sweater a bit (I tried on mine which is navy with a white t-shirt underneath, and you could see the tee's color poking through (not a problem, just an observation). So today I just wore a black v-neck underneath so it all blends.
    - Has a very nice, luxurious feel
    - Arms are roomier than the model pics suggest imo. Almost seems like they pin them or something for a slimmer look on the product shots. The arms are slouchy which I like because as mentioned above.. plenty of room for a long sleeved bd underneath.
    - Ideal size neck opening imo... just tight enough to wear with a t or v-neck underneath without the neck opening looking sloppy

11. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

good review, thanks. Might pick one up during the January sales

12. triton

triton Well-Known Member

for what it's worth, ervell webstore told me: "Our Pocket Sweaters this season are significantly larger than in previous seasons. We recommend sizing down one from your regular size for a standard slim fit, our going true to size for a very relaxed looser fit."

2 people like this.
  13. Has anyone heard from their customer service recently? Trying to return something and they haven't responded in four days or so

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

They helped me big time with some purchases this year. I picked up the pocket sweater and as stated in the last few posts, it fits TTS this season. I'm typically a size small (US 36) in most brands and the small pocket sweater fit me great, nice comfortable slightly relaxed fit unlike last season which was too tight IMHO.

I also picked up the wool flecked hoodie and can attest that it runs super small. I had to take a large in that piece so be warned and expect to have to size up 2 from standard size.

15. death shot

death shot Senior member

I just got the navy Technical Knit Cardigan. I love it. I like to wear it slightly undersized for a frankenstein look and this is perfect. Great fabric, great construction and fit. I would kill for one in black.

Frankenstein look.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  16. momentoftruth

nice. I've ordered one as well, sized up since I don't like short knits, hopefully it works out

17. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

I'd appreciate a fit pic! Has the length increased as well? I hate the fact that every Ervell knit I've tried has been about two inches too short.

18. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Senior member

Same here, went for a Large for the first time in Ervell. Really curious.

19. momentoftruth

received mine an hour ago, I'm really happy with the sizing. The women's-style buttoning is a little odd (had assumed the pic online was reversed ha) but Im sure I'll get used to it. Seems decently warm and structured without being restrictive
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Senior member

Looks great -- thanks for sharing. Any word on how it actually fits? (what size you usually take, maybe your height, and what size you went with) Thanks