1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

nowire, that seems kind of not possible, describe to us your freak bod!

but actually the shirting was a bit weird for the ss14 seasons, somehow the torso got extremely narrow and the neck was slightly too big..i've heard it'll be better for fall 14.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. mcfly26

mcfly26 Senior member

can anyone comment on the sweaters?

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

What do you want to know. I have 5 pocket and one of the patterned.
    Sweaters are great. Pocket sweaters have a tendency to stretch a lot in the elbow cos of the seed stitch or whatevs. Happens in all of mine regardless of materials.

4. mcfly26

mcfly26 Senior member

thats amazing. I want to know about the specificity of each version, wool and cotton. Which feels nicer? Is the wool any itchy?

5. toothsomesound

They're both very nice, that's why they're basically the most popular thing PE make and what people associate with the brand more than anything else, sadly.

The cotton version has a smoother hand and is a solid spring weight, but won't keep you terribly warm when it gets really cold. But I think you live in Brazil no?

I'm sure you've encountered some alpaca before...it's a hairy fiber, and it's extremely warm. If you are sensitive to wools, I wouldn't wear it without a t-shirt. They are pretty soft and cozy though. When it's cold out (low 40s and under) I will sometimes wear mine as a base layer without a shirt on under. I think it feels nice, but I could understand if someone a little more sensitive wouldn't do that.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  6. wolfie

wolfie Member

Tooth, have you had chance to handle the new Aviator Jacket yet? Looks really nice and I saw that the web store is saying that its s greatly improved fit - I had the Spring '12 version but had to move it on because the cut was horrendous, hoping that this one has a more normal fit whilst still having the signature Ervell boxiness.

7. toothsomesound

yes, it's amazing. It's not boxy at all though, to me. I'd say it's a pretty straight down the middle, slim regular fit. closest comparison to the new version is the fw13 leather aviator, that one is still pretty different from your ss12 version though. back then everything was so weirdly tiny and oddly proportioned, shoulders and front/back pieces weren't balanced correctly etc. new version competes with TOJ imo and is kind of more interesting.

8. wolfie

wolfie Member

Thanks for the info, sounds great. Would you say it's safe to go TTS?

Will definitely be copping, only question is buy now or wait until 30% off.

As a man in the know, what are the stand out pieces for you this season?

Thanks again for the info

9. toothsomesound

TTS for sure. I'll give you guys a list of faves once stuff starts to arrive in stores in NYC and I can play with stuff that's around...

10. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Any Europeans here who've ordered any Ervell stuff? If so, where do you buy it from? Looked at their stockists but I haven't really found any places with a lot of Ervell stuff.

11. wolfie

wolfie Member

Im from the UK, mainly just buy direct from the web store now, shipping is not too bad and never get hit with customs.

Apart from that, Matches, TheCorner, Cali Roots, Norse Store, Tres Bien and Zalando all stock Ervell, their buys are often questionable though

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  12. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Thanks for the reply. I live in Denmark, though, and they're pretty strict with customs here, so I always get hit by them when ordering from overseas. And yeah, I know of all those shops but none of them seem to really stock staples (such as pocket sweater) or have anything from the new AW collection.

13. wolfie

wolfie Member

Matches will be the best bet in terms of stock when they get their delivery in, I'm sure they will have the pocket sweater. Not sure how long they will keep stocking Ervell though, nearly everything made it to deep discount for the past 2 seasons

14. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

15. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Senior member

They mark down the value on customs forms by default. Never had any issues, live in Belgium and customs are very strict too. YMMV obviously but I wouldn't worry too much.

16. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Ow, that sounds nice, but I did once get a pair of used pants shipped with value marked down to $30 and got hit with roughly $50 in customs still.. But I might give it a shot anyway.

17. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Where in Denmark? Tres Bien is in Malmö if you're near Copenhagen.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  18. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Yeah, I live in Copenhagen, but Tres Bien doesn't seem to be stocking a lot of Ervell atm, only 2 pieces on their webshop.

19. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Senior member

Those are still from SS14, FW hasn't dropped yet but probably will.

20. Francks

Francks Senior member

Is it possible/is there a means to know which version of selvedge denim I got ?

The color is in between the light and medium stonewash if I compare with stock pictures.