• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out the Ervell sample sale. There were some cool pieces here and there, including a couple of the jumpsuits from the f/w11 show. I was hoping for formal pants in wool, but everything was size 32 or larger so I was out of luck. There were a bunch of knits like the Norwegian sweater and some wool cardis, plus a bunch of the knitted polos that are up for sale now. There was also a rack of blazers (all 40 or larger from what I saw) that were heavily discounted. I didn't see any pocket sweaters, which is another item I was hoping to grab. Probably the coolest pieces were outerwear, like a wool baseball jacket and some coated cotton M65s in a charcoal color (I think it was technically called faded black). It was interesting to see all the pieces in the same place and gave me a new appreciation for Ervell, who hasn't always been a favorite for me. Everything seemed like it could be worn together and was interchangeable, by which I mean you could wear any of the tops with any of the bottoms and throw on any of the outerwear and it would look good. Not exactly the most imaginative approach, but it would certainly make it simple to get ready in the morning.

jwoowoo

Reaction score

Checked out the Ervell sample sale. There were some cool pieces here and there, including a couple of the jumpsuits from the f/w11 show. I was hoping for formal pants in wool, but everything was size 32 or larger so I was out of luck. There were a bunch of knits like the Norwegian sweater and some wool cardis, plus a bunch of the knitted polos that are up for sale now. There was also a rack of blazers (all 40 or larger from what I saw) that were heavily discounted. I didn't see any pocket sweaters, which is another item I was hoping to grab. Probably the coolest pieces were outerwear, like a wool baseball jacket and some coated cotton M65s in a charcoal color (I think it was technically called faded black). It was interesting to see all the pieces in the same place and gave me a new appreciation for Ervell, who hasn't always been a favorite for me. Everything seemed like it could be worn together and was interchangeable, by which I mean you could wear any of the tops with any of the bottoms and throw on any of the outerwear and it would look good. Not exactly the most imaginative approach, but it would certainly make it simple to get ready in the morning.

So I am taking it that there were no XS clothes?

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they had one midcentury shirt in XS (it was the only one of that shirt), and that was it. I didn't see a single item in S, though they might have a couple, I suppose.

crackerjack

Reaction score
Interested in a proxy, want the navy or charcoal jeans in 32 and norwegian sweater in m- will pay appropriate fee.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wished for accessories. heard there were shoes though.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had a girlfriend, I would buy her everything in ervell. Girls look soo good in ervell, casual cool and effortlessly chic!!

picked up a baseball sweater, pattern sweater, pressed single pleat pants (size 32 for sale pm me). No size small or xs, surprisingly the M fits me well. A bit oversized but I like it loose fitting.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all Ervell's pants pretty tight in the thigh/seat? I almost grabbed the matchstick trousers on forward but then I noticed that the thigh measurement they had was a good 2-3 inches smaller than my actual thigh.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were there any navy blazers in 40? or basic sweaters in small? Would love a proxy

Adamvk

Reaction score
All the people working there couldn't have been friendlier. A class organization.

Prices were really cheap. Saw mostly size 32 in pants and 40 in blazers. Shirts were mostly medium. Mostly items from FW11 and SS12 from what I saw.

Lots of women's merchandise, too.

Thought it was cool to see all the different interesting books PE has on the shelf, too, as the register was set up right there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads