1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

hm not sure what those were but I think you could find something like that pretty easily.

2. R300

R300 Senior member

True, just really like the look of them, as I do with a lot of the stuff Ervell puts out. They actually look like black sperry's.. I'll search the site..

were the white pants from this show ever put out aswell?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  3. toothsomesound

no, i own them.

1 person likes this.
  4. R300

R300 Senior member

found the shoes by the way: for anyone who was also interested in them (probably just me though), sperry topsider razorfish.

[​IMG]

@tooth, no they weren't ever put out into production? sexy trousers..

5. einstine

einstine Senior member

2014 shoes were Red Wing Postman shoes with window seal rubber nailed around the sole. They looked good at a distant but I wonder how they looked up close, shape was really nice.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Deadkitty

Deadkitty Well-Known Member

here's a picture of them up close
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

are the postmans as glossy as they appear in stock photos? always turned me off.. otherwise a nice looking shoe.

8. einstine

einstine Senior member

What turns me off is how they age.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Interested in the pocket sweater but the p2p is worryingly small. Does it fit really slim?

10. death shot

death shot Senior member

I feel the same way. I actually really like the way Solovair Gibsons look with the Ervell aesthetic, especially if they have a commando sole. They age well...

The first two are pics I posted a while back as I received the wrong size and had to sell... The second are a pair that I have in my crosshairs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  11. toothsomesound

^nice choice, similarly I like the doc martens 3989 as a slightly chunkier alternative to the postmans. but the postmans are really great and super versatile. don't mind the shine (it's not so so glossy but I think it's nice actually) and I also do like how they look beat up. may want to use shoe trees though if the wrinknling bothers you. I don't.

1 person likes this.
  12. Samir

Samir Senior member

I'm a ~35" chest / XS in Uniqlo tops - last fall's pocket sweater in XS fits really well in the sleeves but tight in the body. Size S is sorta slouchy in S through the body but a little baggy in the sleeves. I wish I could combine the sleeves of XS with the body of S, but I'll keep the latter since that's a much more comfortable fit.

13. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

those are really nice. are they both the same shoe / gibsons? best place to kop?

14. xdarrellx

xdarrellx Well-Known Member

15. amin

amin Senior member

has anyone got or seen the baseball t-shirt? wanted to know how think the fabric is. thanks in advance

16. death shot

death shot Senior member

Yeah, they're both Gibsons. The first pair have the normal Gibson sole and blind eyelets. The second have a commando sole and nickel (i think) eyelets.

It would be really great if they had a pair with commando sole/blind eyelets.

As far as where to get Solovairs, unfortunately you have to get them from England. A simple google will show you a few official online shops, most notably britboot.

I really love Solovairs. People have said they are of a higher quality than Martens and some say there is no difference. I feel that they are a step up and the leather on my Hawkins boots is much better than any Martens I've ever owned. If you're interested in their history it is worth a read.

Edit: Unfortunately the pics on britboot are less than flattering. The pics on http://www.aircushionboot.com/ do better justice.

Here's the monkey boot (I have a pair in oxblood. Pretty sick...)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I have solovair gibsons, too, and I like them a lot although I don't think they're a huge step up from standard docs. Unfortunate that all of these shoes use mediocre leather--I feel like the 1460s I wore in the mid 90s were nicer, but wtf did I know I was 14.

Wish I could find some horsehair laces like Ervell used. Still mad at Bows for not selling me his samples!!

[​IMG]
    Mine (via yoox)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. death shot

death shot Senior member

They actually were nicer, and they very well may have been made by Solovair.

19. death shot

death shot Senior member

Tooth,

Any idea if Patrik will ever bring the knit polo back? I really love it and want more of them. Many more of them.

20. toothsomesound

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014