**The Official P90X Thread**

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by NewYorkIslander, May 1, 2011.

1. otc

otc Senior member

Can I skip YOGA/KEMPO for

Core,
    chest-shoulders,tricepes,
    back and biceps.

Should note its my second week of p90x and I'm doing doubles.

Trying to get results before going back to school. Cheers.

I wouldn't replace either one with a lifting day....

I wouldn't replace yoga either...it is good for you. That shit is long but if you want to make cuts, you can skip to balance poses (starting with tree) after the chair pose and than skip the yoga belly X section (since you are doing ab ripper x 3 times a week anyways).

I am in my first rest week now and having to do the 90 minutes of yoga multiple times in the week seems like a time drain so I may cut them down like I said above. I also do a 1hour yoga class on wednesdays (free lunchtime class in the office) so I am less concerned about cutting back...the yoga class is a lot less intense than the first 45 min of yoga x but it is a *lot* more advanced than the second 45 minutes

2. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

It's awesome for the dilettantes of fitness. In 90 days you can go from plump to pretty cut. Perfect for people who want to see fast results and it motivates one to continue the program. This is the first time I've ever had the semblance of a six pack - I still have a bit of stomach blubber, but I've got a completely flat and tight stomach.

And you can do it from home - avoiding the driving, parking, sweaty equipment, and towel flicking so common to most gyms.

I've been doing it but have been "cheating" here and there. For example, I don't do the complete ab or the kenpo. I need to start it again and do it seriously.

3. willpower

willpower Senior member

I've been doing it but have been "cheating" here and there. For example, I don't do the complete ab or the kenpo. I need to start it again and do it seriously.
    As annoying as Tony Horton is, his workouts can really create impressive results. I could barely do 2 chin ups when I started; now I can do 12 before failure. I'll change up the abs exercises with other ones I've found on Youtube - makes it less repetitious. I'll also have a cheat evening (Fridays) where I'll eat whatever I want. The balance ball abs exercises are easier on your back

4. otc

otc Senior member

finished the rest week of the first phase...

Feels good.

Took some pictures and it looks better than before I started...so that is a good sign (despite not following the diet plan)

5. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Check out www.teamripped.com Dude has had some pretty stellar results and he has a bunch of great hybrid workouts up on there combining P90X, Insanity, One-on-One and P90X+.

6. willpower

willpower Senior member

thx for the link. Here's something interesting

Tony tore his bicep muscle completely from the bone last Sunday (a little over a week ago). While I initially didn't know how, I figured it was doing some difficult exercise move. He likes climbing ropes, using peg boards, and doing all sorts of challenging feats of his upper body strength and balance. He shared yesterday that he injured himself while doing "iron cross flys on rings with my feet on a stability ball".

7. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

"He shared yesterday that he injured himself while doing "iron cross flys on rings with my feet on a stability ball". [/I]

I've actually done this exercise before - minus the stability ball.

Pretty tough shit.

8. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

Missed my first workout yesterday (day 19).
    Results so far have been excellent, though--I feel much better than I did three weeks ago.

9. willpower

willpower Senior member

I did an Insanity Asylum workout in place of P90X yesterday and it was a killer. It's all relentless movement and repetition, mostly body weight exercises. I'm really sore today.

10. MrOrph

MrOrph New Member

the wife and i have been doing a sort of hybrid: we do 2 weeks insanity and 2 weeks p90x. in 4th week now. pretty intense.

11. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

In my seventh week. Didn't miss a workout for the first 5 weeks then skipped a week due to lower back pain and a weekend trip to Vegas (but did workout a bit in Vegas). Missed Yoga and Kenpo last week but back at it in week 7. I like the results I've gotten so far. I'm not following the meal plan at all but am watching what I eat by eating healthier and approximating caloric intake. Also have gotten noticeable improvement in all workouts in terms of reps, weight, and overall fitness.

12. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

I've been doing the first week on repeat for a few months because I felt like it was a great challenge and I liked doing the same workouts every day of the week. The last two weeks I've noticed that my progress has slowed and the last two days have been nothing short of bonks. Should I rest a week or should I go to week two?

13. willpower

willpower Senior member

I've been doing the first week on repeat for a few months because I felt like it was a great challenge and I liked doing the same workouts every day of the week. The last two weeks I've noticed that my progress has slowed and the last two days have been nothing short of bonks. Should I rest a week or should I go to week two?
    Go to week 2 You've been doing the pullups? Those are killers.

14. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Yeah, that's where I really noticed the muscle fatigue yesterday. I think doing that many pullups twice a week doesn't allow enough rest, especially between friday and monday. Of course, the program wasn't designed for pullups on two days rest. I should have followed the directions [​IMG]

Will probably do arms (they need it) and yoga (I need it) the next two days since they are pretty low impact then switch to week 2

15. otc

otc Senior member

Yeah, that's where I really noticed the muscle fatigue yesterday. I think doing that many pullups twice a week doesn't allow enough rest, especially between friday and monday. Of course, the program wasn't designed for pullups on two days rest. I should have followed the directions [​IMG]

Will probably do arms (they need it) and yoga (I need it) the next two days since they are pretty low impact then switch to week 2

The official program is actually set up that way...you repeat "week 1" for the first 3 weeks and then do a rest week that cuts back on the lifting for cardio and core and then you move into week 5 which you repeat for 3 weeks...so if you want consistent workouts...you get them for 3 weeks at a time.