• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Notre Dame Football Thread

guster

Reaction score
Hey Tulsa was a power......nevermind.

I think many ND fans were ready to quit on Kelly at that time. But given that they had the film guy die that week, people were more forgiving. What was harder to take was getting shelled by Navy. Sure they lost to them in the Weis years. That's OK, cause the Irish were just not that good and Weis not being a good head coach. Plus, I think it is nice to see the Academy teams do well. But to have no answer at all for Navy was something else.

Davie, Weis and Willingham all got off to pretty good starts. Time will tell if kelly can really coach at this level. I am not so sure that a good academic school in the midwest can really hang year after year with Southeastern & CA schools that have much more fertile recruiting grounds. But you would think with the national exposure ND has, a good coach could do a lot better than ND has done. Let's face it, that administration hired some average at best coaches.

Originally Posted by StephenHero
That should help them hang with Tulsa this season.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guster
But you would think with the national exposure ND has, a good coach could do a lot better than ND has done.

I agree. That said, if Kelly can't make it happen, then I'm not sure who would be able to.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by magogian12345
I agree. That said, if Kelly can't make it happen, then I'm not sure who would be able to.
You know it's funny you say this, because Mike Price has been quietly taking the 10th most desirable football team to a bowl game year after year. He was originally supposed to play the Nick Saban role before Sports Illustrated slandered him. Every time one of these premiere coaching jobs comes up I am surprised that his name is mentioned.

guster

Reaction score
I still wonder if ND had been able to get Barry Alvarez instead of taking Davie, what would have happened to the ND program. It was much higher academic standards for a football player at ND vs Wisconsin back then but look what he did for that Badger program.

guster

Reaction score
I did not follow your email. Do you mean UTEP coach that was good for Price in his first couple of years but not done much since?

Originally Posted by Biggskip
You know it's funny you say this, because Mike Price has been quietly taking the 10th most desirable football team to a bowl game year after year. He was originally supposed to play the Nick Saban role before Sports Illustrated slandered him. Every time one of these premiere coaching jobs comes up I am surprised that his name is mentioned.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even with the loss of Tuitt, though, this class is looking pretty good. If the way our defense played in the last 4 games wasn't some fluke, then this season should be pretty good. National Championship baby! (obviously just kidding about the last part)

guster

Reaction score
Front 7 look solid on defense. I think Schembo could be a big force next season. Have to keep Te`o healthy of course. No depth in secondary though. A few injuries and that group could be in big trouble. Not sure he has anyone coming in back there that is a candidate to be a starter right away. Who knows though, these are HS kids people are trying to project to the next level.

offensive line will also be interesting to watch.

Even with the loss of Tuitt, though, this class is looking pretty good. If the way our defense played in the last 4 games wasn't some fluke, then this season should be pretty good. National Championship baby! (obviously just kidding about the last part)

chyrspchuck

Reaction score
And, Tuitts back with us. This recruiting class is bipolar but I love it.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chyrspchuck
And, Tuitts back with us. This recruiting class is bipolar but I love it.

The coaches are incredible. Best defensive class in a while. I wonder how far back one has to go to find a better defensive class at ND?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads