1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Aug 11, 2012.

1. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

bmore sf sb win parade party

2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I mean everyone has differinng opinions for sure but doesnt it strike you odd that there were 0 holding calls all game? Again us bitching and arguing about it now isnt gonna change shit. Like I said before just frustrating thats all

3. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

On SF's last offensive play: The ball was not catchable. Not sure if it matters for holding, but it negates pass interference.

1 person likes this.
  4. justinkapur

Im not sure it was uncatchable. If he wasnt held he may have had a chance.

5. Ambulance Chaser

No way Crabtree catches it and gets two feet in bounds. That pass was a prayer in response to an all-out blitz.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

While i am disappointed with the outcome, i cant help but remember that before 2011 49ers were a joke. The past two years have been great because we finally became contenders. Today, sf came back from a giant deficit and almost won, this was unimaginable pre-harbaugh. Stay tuned for some good football years to come!

RE: holding, that should of been called and given sf the ball, doesnt mean we'd win here but at least it would of given some fairness

7. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

I'm not really an expert, but wouldn't calling a fade on 4th and goal be considered dumb? Couldn't really blame the ref for refusing to bail them out of that.

Great game otherwise.

8. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Last two play calls were horrid. Last play was holding. Good game.

1 person likes this.
  9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

10. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

No, it strikes me that the officials were letting a bit of physicality go and that's the way the game was consistently called. Torrey Smith got held in the first half, no call, corners adjusted and played physically on both sides. That last play was a hope and a prayer and it would have been outrageous to call it after the way the rest of the game was called. And it would have been a BS bailout on a terrible playcall that the defense had dialed up the right blitz for. Easily could have been a blatant late hit on Flacco in the previous drive that would have given Baltimore a fresh set of downs and also could have been a 3 point larger deficit without the Akers dive. Pinning this on the officiating is blatantly desperate.

Also you're forgetting that Jesus commanded this victory.

NO WEAPON

11. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

The whole sequence was pretty bad (all four to the right side IIRC), but that play was mostly an "Oh shit there's like nine guys up in my face" desperation play. They probably should have called time out had they read the blitz, what bigger situation are you going to get than a 4th and goal to decide the game?

12. justinkapur

Cant argue with that. This is gonna be the most annoying week hearing about ray lewis.

I would rather hear about Mante t'eos girlfriend lol

13. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I don't know why the 49ers didn't do the pistol read option more with Kaepernick. That formation was probably when the 49ers were the most effective. Instead they ran 3 straight plays to Crabtree.

14. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

It was a good no call on the final play. Crabtree went to the helmet of the Ravens player.

I don't really think you can blame the refs on that one. And they were no calling the entire time. Several holding plays by the Niners in the run game, including Kaeperpumpernickel's td run.

15. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

If you want to complain about a no call its the third down play that Jimmy Smith broke up in that same sequence. Helmet to helmet, defenseless receiver.

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

from a betting standpoint that game was fucking nerve wracking.

17. Ambulance Chaser

Frank Gore was ripping off huge runs at the end of the game, but didn't get the ball once in the final four plays? Very curious.

18. TiberiasUSA

TiberiasUSA Senior member

Good Game, 49ers did pretty well with a new qb.

He showed a little inexperience, but the next few seasons should be good. Just about half time, poor clock management, and wasted time outs in the 2nd half, but great job on rallying down 22 pts

19. TiberiasUSA

TiberiasUSA Senior member

yeah after ngata got injured, frank gore was on a roll, shoulda given him a chance

20. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

you know what the biggest opportunity missed by the 49ers was?

scoring more points in the first half. :foo:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.